Windows 10: All my Game settings keep reseting

Discus and support All my Game settings keep reseting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This has happened twice now since upgrading to windows 10 and now it is starting to piss me off. 19019 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SoulSeekerUSA, Aug 24, 2015.

1. All my Game settings keep reseting

This has happened twice now since upgrading to windows 10 and now it is starting to piss me off.

:)

SoulSeekerUSA, Aug 24, 2015

2. How do I fix the error 0x80040200

Found it:

for all those on this forum there is a way to fix it as found recently by someone on twitter for error code 0x80040200.

What you will need to do is go to settings and in your console settings there is a button to "Reset Xbox" click it and it will present you with 3 options: reset everything including games and apps; reset and
    keep my games and apps and cancel.

Go ahead and click reset and keep my games and apps, it will keep all saved data on every game including worlds. And finally you need to just go back and reset up your Xbox with all your preferences and networks
    and such. And next time you click on Minecraft Better Together Update beta it should work so long as you have done it all correctly.

Hope this helped! All my Game settings keep reseting :)

DERP THE BUDDY, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Settings keep reseting

Hi Nichole,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to place the computer in clean boot state and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Also, disable security software if you have installed any and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 24, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

All my Game settings keep reseting

What do you exactly mean by resetting. loosing saved games,settings in games ? Steam account, Origin account ?

jds63, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

All my Game settings keep reseting

1. All my Game settings keep reseting - Similar Threads - Game settings keep

2. Windows Reset: Keep my files and settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reset: Keep my files and settings.: Hi Legends,I reset my PC after having issues with the driver. I selected the keep my files option. Windows has been reset successfully and it is extremely slow and freezing. I used to have heaps of files on my drives, I lost all of them. I tried many ways to get my files back...
  3. My Proxy Settings keep reseting themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Proxy Settings keep reseting themselves: My Proxy Settings doesn't change. After unchecking my Proxy option in the settings and closing the setting app, the apps I want to use does not open ie: Microsoft Edge, Steam and Microsoft Teams. I have also tried changing proxy settings through LAN setting in Internet...
  4. My Proxy Settings keep reseting themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Proxy Settings keep reseting themselves: My Proxy Settings doesn't change. After unchecking my Proxy option in the settings and closing the setting app, the apps I want to use does not open ie: Microsoft Edge, Steam and Microsoft Teams. I have also tried changing proxy settings through LAN setting in Internet...
  5. My Proxy Settings keep reseting themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. All of my games keep crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of my games keep crashing.: Hi, i recently upgraded my hardware. Before i had: CPU: i5 3470 GPU: integrated graphics driver RAM: 2x DDR3 4gb SSD: 2x 120gb ssd I upgraded to: CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 GPU: RX580 8gb RAM: 1x 16gb ddr4 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo m.2 1tb Mainboard: B450M A-Pro-Max...
  7. my pc keeps resetting all data

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc keeps resetting all data: my pc keeps reseting all data every time i turn the pc off or reboost it goes like if i just bought it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-resetting-all-data/a109dfac-51d9-4d50-bbb9-8608d83ff5db
  8. Windows reseted all my settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...
  9. Windows update reset all my settings!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update reset all my settings!?: Hi, I updated my Windows to the lastest build. Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I use routinely. My Calibre ebook manager has been wiped out, dropbox has been removed, and all my downloads have been erased....
  10. How to reset all the setting on my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset all the setting on my monitors: I resently got a second monitor. For about a week everything was normal. Then weird things started happening (you can go to my previous post to see what), but no one offered any help with fixing it. So now I would like to know how to reset all the settings with my monitors....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game setting keep resetting windows 10 allow files to update