Windows 10: All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade

Discus and support All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago my laptop with windows 10 home upgraded to 1803 with success. So I decided to upgrade and my desktop. It's a dual boot system (windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaaNooS, Jun 21, 2018.

1. PaaNooS Win User

All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade

A few days ago my laptop with windows 10 home upgraded to 1803 with success.
    So I decided to upgrade and my desktop. It's a dual boot system (windows XP Pro and Windows 10 Pro).
    It took about 5 hours to complete upgrade, restart normally, answered all questions and shutdown. Next boot stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle.
    After many things I tried (chkdsk, sfc, dism etc) my system stuck after welcome screen but with black screen and only mouse cursor. With Alt+Ctrl+Del went to task manager and saw there were 2 extra folders : Windows.old and Windows.new.
    I followed all these suggestions https://windowsreport.com/fix-progra...ed-windows-10/ with no luck.
    So I tried a Repair Installation Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade from Windows DVD. After one hour everything seemed to be ok but my programms had disappeared.
    Searching my hard disk I found that all programms 'transfered' to Windows.new folder, not to Windows.old.
    So how can I restore my programms from Windows.new folder ?

:)

PaaNooS, Jun 21, 2018

2. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jun 21, 2018
  3. 16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

Hello all,

I have a 16bit programme that is very important to us and is in use in multiple locations. Normally we use Windows XP but recently many clients want to upgrade to Windows 10. We have found that the programme works well on Windows 10 32Bit using NTVDM, but it is unable to "see" any shared printers. That is to say, the printers can be seen in the Command Prompt using NETVIEW and the printers are listed as we would expect, but they cannot be seen by the 16Bit programme.

I'm hoping that this might be a problem that somebody else has already resolved somehow. All thoughts and suggestions welcomed All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade :)

Cheers, James

JamesChubb, Jun 21, 2018
  4. All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade

Programmes Keep Disappearing (windows 10)

For some reason certain programmes keep disappearing from my Windows 10 machine.

Spotify and Firefox in particular keep disappearing. I have had to download and reinstall them multiple time now.

Is this because the programmes are not fully compatible with Windows 10 or what? I am running on a brandnew Lenovo that came pre-installed with Windows 8 and was upgraded to 10 within 2 weeks.

I have looked online for an answer but nothing seems to answer my questions and most of them are related to older versions of Windows.

Any help to permanently resolve this issue would be great.

cheers.

Pretzelsvon Würstl, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade

1. All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade - Similar Threads - programms disappeared 1803

2. Programm does not disappear after uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programm does not disappear after uninstall: I recently installed MikTex 2.9 on my pc, but since I use another app, I decided to uninstall it.Despite I uninstalled "successfully" the program it is still there in the program list. If I try to uninstall it again it gives me an error. Appears the MikTex console and asks me...
  3. Web Camera Programme Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web Camera Programme Disappeared: The web camera programme on my Windows 10 disappeared. It is not on my device manager list. How do I re-install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-camera-programme-disappeared/c09af286-cafb-47a6-94cd-9c9ba4e5260b
  4. All programms crash after starting them.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All programms crash after starting them.: Hello there. I got a "little" problem today. I m working on windows 10 with the latest update (it was around a week since the last update). All programms I try to start manualy (not autostart programms) are crashing right after the start and a can send a crash report. It...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after upgrade to 1803: Hey, About three months ago I upgraded my windows to version 1803 since then I occasionally get BSOD from type: "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I tried to WinDbg the minidump but didn't succeed to fix the problem, I tried to make a clean install of my graphics card (GeForce GT 730)...
  6. After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week. ***Windows 10 / Windows Update, recovery & backup***...
  7. After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After 1803 version feature update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week....
  8. After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week....
  9. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...
  10. After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...: Hi, I had Windows 7 Home Prem OA on a laptop Asus K52F. Then, months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 10240 build. It was good but became slow using Chrome, etc. Well, I saw the possibility to go to the new Windows Ten w10. But here, Brazil on 11/27/2015, it still had no...