Windows 10: All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers

Discus and support All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found". All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chriswm, May 11, 2018.

1. Chriswm Win User

All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers

Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found".

All other computers on my network using the same WIFI connection that I do and can see my two network printers and print to them, including windows 7 and windows 10 computers (both 32-bit and 64-bit). All our home computers, including mine, use AVG Professional and Windows Defender as Firewall for many years now. I have disabled all, still no luck.

Our computers are not connected through the Windows Home Group, so all computers are simply independently connected to the Wifi modem and can print (could do so for many years up to now).

The printer is directly connected to our Huawei B315 WIFI modem's LAN connection. The printers IP address is static in the modem so that it never changes. I checked in the modem and the printer is listed under connected devices (but as I said all other computers connected to the WIFI network can print to it)

If I check with my Windows Explorer, strangely I can actually see my network printer (A Brother HL5450DN) immediately under "printers", even its serial number! See attached Pic. You will notice the IP address, I tried to enter it as a n network printer manually, but it says no printer found. So perhaps something is blocking my network access, although internet access through the same WIFI works perfectly.

Windows services Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication are running. Windows options Windows Internet Printing is enabled.

When connecting to printer through USB, it picked up the printer immediately, installed it and works perfectly through USB, so not a driver issue.

Rebooted a zillion times and waited for ever for the printer to show under "Add new printer".

My laptop: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Ver 10.0.16299 Build 16299 . Lenovo Z510 i7

Any suggestions please?

:)

Chriswm, May 11, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Problem with Printer

Uninstall the printer on your tablet, then go to Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Add New Printer - Network Printer, your tablet should pick up the printer from your network and load its drivers . . .

DaveM121, May 11, 2018
  3. Marcomm_ Win User
    Canon MX535 multifunction not working on wifi (it was ok with Win7)

As I wrote, with Windows 7 everything worked perfectly. I only upgraded the pc, not the network.

My wireless is working perfectly.

I can ping the printer.

The printer driver, downloaded from the official Canon support page is certified for Windows 10.

In the Windows Firewall I have opened all ports and all protocol to and from the ip of the printer.

Problem: if I add the printer through windows wizard "add printer" then it is detected, the procedure to install the printer starts but then the installing windows disappear without any message. After one minute the printer appear on devices but it is recognized
    offline....and always remains.

Marcomm_, May 11, 2018
  4. Chriswm Win User

Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found".

All other computers on my network using the same WIFI connection that I do and can see my two network printers and print to them, including windows 7 and windows 10 computers (both 32-bit and 64-bit). All our home computers, including mine, use AVG Professional and Windows Defender as Firewall for many years now. I have disabled all, still no luck.

Our computers are not connected through the Windows Home Group, so all computers are simply independently connected to the Wifi modem and can print (could do so for many years up to now).

The printer is directly connected to our Huawei B315 WIFI modem's LAN connection. The printers IP address is static in the modem so that it never changes. I checked in the modem and the printer is listed under connected devices (but as I said all other computers connected to the WIFI network can print to it)

If I check with my Windows Explorer, strangely I can actually see my network printer (A Brother HL5450DN) immediately under "printers", even its serial number! See attached Pic. You will notice the IP address, I tried to enter it as a n network printer manually, but it says no printer found. So perhaps something is blocking my network access, although internet access through the same WIFI works perfectly.

Windows services Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication are running. Windows options Windows Internet Printing is enabled.

When connecting to printer through USB, it picked up the printer immediately, installed it and works perfectly through USB, so not a driver issue.

Rebooted a zillion times and waited for ever for the printer to show under "Add new printer".

My laptop: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Ver 10.0.16299 Build 16299 . Lenovo Z510 i7

Any suggestions please?

:)

Chriswm, May 11, 2018
Thema:

1. All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers - Similar Threads - network printers disappeared

2. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  3. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  4. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings: Hi People With the new Security KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior CVE-2021-34481 microsoft.com we have now to enter a Admin User Name and Password to install network Printers.If We add the Printers through the Control Panel we get the...
  5. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings: Hi People With the new Security KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior CVE-2021-34481 microsoft.com we have now to enter a Admin User Name and Password to install network Printers.If We add the Printers through the Control Panel we get the...
  6. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Add Network Printer Limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add Network Printer Limit: What is the upper limit on the number of Network Printers that I can add to my local Windows 10 laptop? Can I potentially add 10,000 printers and make any one of them the default printer? The idea is to build an RPA bot that can prepare a document and send it for printing to...
  8. Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network: Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does because it sure is NOT my printer ! Cannot remove printer either... Ideas for how do I resolve ( yes rebooted ) ? Running...
  9. Network Printer disappeared

Network Printer disappeared: Environment: A small office network as 3 Windows 10 desktops, a Win10 laptops and a Win 7 laptop in a homegroup. One of the folders on a desktop ‘serves’ a shared folder and a directly attached Laserjet 5000 with the homegroup members. There’s an Epson printer attached to a...
  10. Add network printers

Add network printers: Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ? 4539