Windows 10: all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive

Discus and support all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This has been a busy and exciting time for all of us on the OneDrive team. Last week, we unveiled more features coming with Windows 10 including how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive

Source: https://blog.onedrive.com/introducin...s-in-onedrive/

:)

Brink, Jan 28, 2015
  2. chrisky6 Win User

Can't view shared OneDrive folders in Photos app for Windows 10

Hi,

I want to share a folder of pictures with another Microsoft account so they can view the pictures in their Photos app on their PC. The shared folder appears in their OneDrive folder when viewing through a web browser, but I cannot see the shared folder in
    the Photos app.

I have shared the folder with the other user, who has added it to their OneDrive account. The other user does not want to sync the shared folder to their PC because they have limited space on their hard drive. They would like to keep the shared folder as
    cloud-based content. Other cloud-based pictures are showing up in their Photos app and we have turned on the setting to "Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive" in the photos app and the collection view includes OneDrive content from all folders.

Is there a way to view cloud-based pictures in shared folders in OneDrive in the Photos app?

We are using Windows 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.36 and Photos app version 15.1208.10480.0.

Thanks!

Chris

chrisky6, Jan 28, 2015
  3. imprt photos from phone to pc

The easiest way to share photos between a PC and a phone is to install OnceDrive or Google Photos on both. In OneDrive you can enable the Camera Roll on the phone. With Google Photos, all photos will be uploaded from the phone and can be viewed on the
    PC. Any photos loaded on the PC will be viewable on the phone.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Jan 28, 2015
  4. cognus Win User

I for one am glad to see this. I'm not a big photo networker but am a big proponent of One Drive and reco it to people who look to me for support. the one thing that drives me berserk about onedrive at the moment is the difficulty in EMBEDDING photos in posts on websites, and what seems to be a related issue with links failing authentication. i.e. I "generate link" for certain people to access and copy materials from folders on my onedrive account, and as soon as they hit the server, they are challenged for credentials! but its random - sometimes link works, sometimes it fails. And it is time-consuming to just get that sharing work done - too many steps, boxes, dialogs, all to have either the embed fail or otherwise sharing fail.

cognus, Jan 28, 2015
  5. Most of the issue with sharing links is the link is too long,
    Shortening them will usually works but then you get into the permissions stuff which hasn't gotten any easier to deal with I usually just use Public folders to work around the oddness of permissions.

ThrashZone, Jan 28, 2015
  6. And after all that we still can't upload "Folders"....

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. all new way to view, manage, and share photos in OneDrive - Similar Threads - view manage share

2. Onedrive revoke all sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive revoke all sharing: Hi, I hope someone can help. My Outlook account was hacked a couple of weeks ago. It was probably due to some phishing request to resent my password. Since the hack I have been trying to secure my files as best I can. I want not to remove ALL SHARED ACCESS to my Onedrive...
  3. Onedrive revoke all sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive revoke all sharing: Hi, I hope someone can help. My Outlook account was hacked a couple of weeks ago. It was probably due to some phishing request to resent my password. Since the hack I have been trying to secure my files as best I can. I want not to remove ALL SHARED ACCESS to my Onedrive...
  4. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed: Hi,Please see attached pic.On a Windows 10 machine local hard drive, photos can be viewed and browsed just fine with Microsoft default photos software.But when I copy the same folder to OneDrive - Photos can be viewed but cannot be browsed.Meaning, the right and left arrows...
  5. How to use Photos app or web interface to view OneDrive shared photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Photos app or web interface to view OneDrive shared photos folder: I can use the Photos app on my PC or web Photos interface to view my OneDrive-based Pictures folder with no problem. However, when I send a "Share" link for that folder to my wife, access is more difficult. Although she can open the folder and view the files and pictures, we...
  6. How to use Photos app or web interface to view OneDrive shared photos folder

How to use Photos app or web interface to view OneDrive shared photos folder: I can use the Photos app on my PC or web Photos interface to view my OneDrive-based Pictures folder with no problem. However, when I send a "Share" link for that folder to my wife, access is more difficult. Although she can open the folder and view the files and pictures, we...
  7. Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-will-be-uploaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  8. Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.

Not all photos will be uploaded in OneDrive.: Hello. My laptop is synced with my phone and not all photos are uploaded, just photo icons instead. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-photos-will-be-uploaded-in-onedrive/5ccfd2bd-fcab-4d7b-a523-048a3aababb7
  9. Onedrive 'Shared with me' view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive 'Shared with me' view: Our organization is very confused on the shared folder. We want to see what is shared by a folder view, this would make it easier to get back to a folder and file quicker. Listing everything is quite confusing. We have specific things that are shared between certain people...
  10. Onedrive photo sharing

Onedrive photo sharing: I have just setup a log in account for my Wife. The question I'm struggling with is: How can I share all my Onedrive stored photos . I can select 100 files at a time and share them, but this is going to be a very long process to share thousands of Photos. Kind Regards...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quicker way to access onedrive photos