Windows 10: All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.

Discus and support All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm new to this forum though i wanted to ask something. So it tells me that 800 mb of my memory is being used, while i have 12 gig on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nuro0o, Jul 17, 2016.

1. nuro0o Win User

All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs.

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum though i wanted to ask something.
    So it tells me that 800 mb of my memory is being used, while i have 12 gig on the graph it shows fully used + pc is being really slow because of it.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. [​IMG]

:)

nuro0o, Jul 17, 2016

2. Can not transfer songs via Ovi Player to Nokia X6

Hi there....

I plug my nokia x6 in computer and select media transfer option in connection options.

Then I run Nokia Ovi Player on my PC. I used to transfer songs via it, but now when I right click "Transfer song to Nokia X6-00", progress does not begin and it says: " None of the tracks you are trying to transfer will fit on your device Nokia X6-00".
    And it says like 7,5 mb required, but 0,0 kb free, but I have 12 gigs free on mass memory and 130 mb on phone memory. :S

Sometimes progress starts and after a minute it stops and all songs I tried to transfer have on left side yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it. It says smth like transfer could not be completed, or transfer has problems... All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. :(

Don't know what to do... Really I would like to transfer few more songs on my phone. I have 12 more gigs to fill up. All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. :D

Do you think any reset ( soft or hard) would resolve the problem, or should I take it to the Nokia service?

( sry for my bad english )

Thank you.

timur_venom, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Lenh51(2) Win User
    All memory not being available.

I just upgraded my machine from 10 GBs of Ram to 24GBs of Ram. When I go into the BIOS all 24 Gigs are recognized. When I look at System settings in the control panel, the system says it sees the 24 gigs, but only 11.8 gigs are useable. So it seems like
    1/2 the memory is being wasted.

This is about a 3 year system. It has and AMD 6120 six core processer. It has 4 memory slots. Originally, it had a 4 GB mem module in one slot, a 2 GB module in another slot and a 4GB module in a third slot. The last memory slot was blank. The memory
    was PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333). I removed the 2 GB module and replaced it with an 8GB one and added another 8GB module in the empty slot. The new memory is PC3 12800 (DDR3-1600)

Again, the "usable memory" is 1/2 of what I have installed less the typical unuseable memory. So, I was thinking that maybe if I moved the modules around (so that instead of being 4,8,4,8 I would make them 8,8,4,4) perhaps I would be able to use all
    of it?

Just though I would ask for some advice before I wasted time opening the machine and playing around with module placement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lenh51(2), Jul 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello nuro0o *Smile

You need to look on the Performance tab of Task manager and check the Memory data. Post a screenshot of that and we can see what is going on. You may have a very large non-paged pool which would suggest you have a driver leaking memory somewhere.

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    That 875 MB represents only memory used by processes running under the nuroOo account. There are other processes whose usage is not included and there are some very significant users of memory that are not processes. We need to a screenshot of the performance tab.

LMiller7, Jul 18, 2016
  6. nuro0o Win User
    Thanks for the answers, here is a picture of my performance tab

Though the only programs i'm running is Skype, Chrome,Line, Steam and curse. Does that really use 7 GB? Yesterday it was on 10,9GB while everything was closed

All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. [​IMG]

nuro0o, Jul 18, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    As I suspected your non-paged pool is using up all the memory. This usually happens when a driver is faulty and causes memory leakage.

It is now a case of finding which driver is causing it and updating it. Often it can be a network card, I would start there.

philc43, Jul 18, 2016
  8. nuro0o Win User

Thank you very much! I'll do my best to find it and update it!

nuro0o, Jul 18, 2016
  9. nuro0o Win User
    I googled some things about Memory leak on windows 10 and the problem instantly came up. Killer network apperantly has this problem. So i uninstalled it and installed another version from their site, apperantly this fixed it.

Thank you very much.

nuro0o, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All of my memory being used? Says 800 mb while i have 12 gigs. - Similar Threads - memory being used

2. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  3. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  4. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.: Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half full. I did a memory diagnostic and nothing came broken. I don't know why they keep saying out of memory but I have 16 GB of...
  6. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.: Hi, When I enter things like my browser and Minecraft, they both crash and say out of memory. When I check task manager the memory is not even half full. I did a memory diagnostic and nothing came broken. I don't know why they keep saying out of memory but I have 16 GB of...
  7. Some applications keep saying that I have used up all of my memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle: The title is pretty self explanatory, it's using 13Gb of RAM while idle and I don't know why. I have a MSI GS66 16gb RAM. Here are some screens: https://imgur.com/a/HWFjmeu I tried reinstalling the killer drivers, that didn't help at all. Don't know what to do, any...
  9. Runtime broker exe suddenly uses a lot of memory 800 MB - which app is the culprit?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker exe suddenly uses a lot of memory 800 MB - which app is the culprit?: Hi, I'm on the latest update of Windows 10 but one 2004, build 19041.630, and since a few weeks the Windows RuntimeBroker.exe has started to eat quite a lot of memory. From what I have found so far, this process is related to UWP formerly Metro apps . I don't use those apps...
  10. Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager says 287 MB of Memory is being used for Photos (2): Win10 is running, and I am viewing the desktop, doing nothing with photos. Task Manager says Photos (2) is using 287MB of memory. Nothing is listed in the bottom list (File Explorer, Word, IE, etc.) that appears to be associated with photos except possibly Windows Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is 12 gig of memory being used