Windows 10: All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

Discus and support All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I upgraded to the Anniversary version, and all mt edits are gone. Thankfully I made a .reg backup before then. The question now is, can I use that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by possom2009, Mar 19, 2017.

1. All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

So I upgraded to the Anniversary version, and all mt edits are gone. Thankfully I made a .reg backup before then. The question now is, can I use that .reg file in this version? Will it screw any thing up?

:)

possom2009, Mar 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 anniversary edition NumLock

I can not find a fix to have NumLock ON after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary edition.

All the information to edit the registry found, work only with former releases.

Thank you.

IvoSznelwar, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Digital Image 2006 and Windows 10

This happened to Microsoft Money about a year ago and a registry edit fixed it.

You will be exporting (backing up) the registry so this can be undone if it doesn't work or (very unlikely) causes other problems.

This article is very clear on the procedure, except for exporting the registry as a backup.

* * Do this before the registry edit * *

Export/backup the entire registry (for safety)

In Registry Editor select Computer in the left pane then File> Export. Save that REG file in a convenient location. Double-clicking that REG file will restore the previous registry and undo any changes, if necessary.

Then do the registry edit at

Microsoft Money Requires Internet Explorer 6 to Function Properly Error in Windows 10 - Tech Journey

Let me know if you need any additional help with the registry edit.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 19, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade.

It most certainly will make problems, I wouldn't even attempt it.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, you'll definitely bugger things up!
    Next time, export the modified keys only, for backup.

Edwin, Mar 19, 2017
  6. Well, the only thing I really remember to manually is to change the borders width. Is there a winaero tweaker for this windows version?

possom2009, Mar 19, 2017
  7. CountMike New Member
    Yes Winaero tweaker works fine on it. 0.6.0.10 is what I'm running just now. Just got a message that 0.7.0.0 is available for download.
    Winaero Tweaker

CountMike, Mar 19, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

*Ditto

Works fine. But you have to use the Aero Lite theme, not Windows default. Here's the screen in new version 7.0.0

All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All reg edits undone after Anniversary upgrade. - Similar Threads - reg edits undone

2. link problems after reg edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  3. link problems after reg edit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    link problems after reg edit: used reg edit to disable the "action needed" prompt on the wifi settings screen due to a bug it was causing, now any application wont open external links, takes me to the microsoft connect test page, however when opening my browser manually and pasting said link, it works...
  4. Windows 10 Reg Edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Reg Edit: What is the highlighted line and how can I find out what it is and how can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-reg-edit/3f857acd-1a99-415e-9cd2-6cebed323339
  5. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  6. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  7. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade: Hi, I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated! 59652
  8. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade: Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my experience). 1. Follow this old fix: Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC...
  9. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Anniversary Edition: The Windows 10 Update Assistant says: [img] The current OS on the target machine is Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511. I've got access to the Anniversary Update iso but before I try installing it I wondered if anyone else has run the gauntlet. Thanks, Simon 60713
  10. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...