Windows 10: All sections Security crash when opening.

Discus and support All sections Security crash when opening. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently updated to 17730.1000 and I am finding that Windows Security just crashes when opening. All the features have a little green tick and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ratsea, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Ratsea Win User

All sections Security crash when opening.

I have recently updated to 17730.1000 and I am finding that Windows Security just crashes when opening. All the features have a little green tick and say no action is required. I have done a file check and a health check and an independent malware scan, but all seems OK.

So is this just an insider bug or do I need to resolve it myself. If the later, then I would like some suggestions on next steps.

Otherwise the system seems to be running as normal.

Thanks,

Richard

:)

Ratsea, Aug 8, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 8, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 8, 2018
  4. DenOGun Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre crashes on opening

Every time I try to open Windows Defender Security Centre, the window opens and closes immediately. There is no error logged in the event logs.

The old Windows Defender interface - MSASCui.exe opens just fine; the problem lies with MSASCuiL.exe which crashes instantly after opening.

I do not have any other antivirus software installed, nor have I ever. Scans with Microsoft Safety Scanner and MSASCui.exe do not find any malware.

Steps tried

1. All the steps listed here on the troubleshooting article.

2. sfc /scannow reveals no problems

3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completes successfully but to no avail

4. Clean boot performed

5. In-place install performed

6. Attempted to open in safe mode

None of the steps above seem to work.

I am using a desktop I built myself, running windows 10 v1703 build 15063.632. The Defender Security Centre has worked in the past but for some strange reason has not for the past week, or so I noticed.

Please do assist - a clean fresh install is however not an acceptable solution as this is a critical work computer.

DenOGun, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. All sections Security crash when opening. - Similar Threads - sections Security crash

2. When I try open the installed apps section in settings, it all freezes and crashes shortly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try open the installed apps section in settings, it all freezes and crashes shortly...: I try to open this area and it freezes. After a second or two it closes with no error message or anything. I have tried some other sections and it opens perfectly fine....
  3. When I try open the installed apps section in settings, it all freezes and crashes shortly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try open the installed apps section in settings, it all freezes and crashes shortly...: I try to open this area and it freezes. After a second or two it closes with no error message or anything. I have tried some other sections and it opens perfectly fine....
  4. Windows security crashes when opening protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security crashes when opening protection history: Title says it all. I tried everything that I could. I uninstalled my only other antivirus. I can't, however, access the "scans" folder nor clear it from the cmd. It started about a month after I turned on ransomware protection and I've been manually selecting what to allow...
  5. Windows security crashes when opening protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security crashes when opening protection history: Title says it all. I tried everything that I could. I uninstalled my only other antivirus. I can't, however, access the "scans" folder nor clear it from the cmd. It started about a month after I turned on ransomware protection and I've been manually selecting what to allow...
  6. Windows security crashes when opening protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section: To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps section on it's first page it crashes.I tried SFC and DISM: FailedI tried PowerShell: FailedAny fixes?Bobby Burgess...
  8. When ever i try to open the "windows update" section in "Update and Security" it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When ever i try to open the "windows update" section in "Update and Security" it...: Just finished the most recent windows update and then had to scan my disk saying it had errors or something and needed a restart, went to go check if there were any issues and there were none but now unable to check the windows update section submitted by /u/Enderhans...
  9. Windows Security Opens & Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Opens & Crashes: Pretty much title, Windows Security, when I open it through any avenue, pops open a ghost window then immediately closes. It's the only app that's done this for me as of now. Any suggestions, thanks! submitted by /u/Booshie23 [link] [comments]...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...