Windows 10: All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why??

Discus and support All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a main SSD Pro 64-bit Windows 10 installation and FIVE cloned backups on the same machine. But now NONE of them ever boot all the way to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why??

I have a main SSD Pro 64-bit Windows 10 installation and FIVE cloned backups on the same machine. But now NONE of them ever boot all the way to show the login prompt! They all look like they're about to boot perfectly, but fail to reach that final step.

This seems extremely improbable! It would not be surprising if some boot virus or other malware spread to all the boot partitions, but I've scanned the living shit out of them all -- OFFLINE (i.e., connected to a different computer) -- with Avira Pro and MBAM, but they report NO viruses or malware of any kind. Also, there ARE two bootable partitions that DO boot perfectly: My main Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system and it's backup clone.

Windows 10 boot repair accomplishes nothing, as always -- it's the most worthless piece of crapware I've ever seen, because it tries to be "smart" and always fails miserably by making stupid decisions.

I'm all ready to install Win 10 from scratch, except that I utterly refuse to lose all 85 of my installed applications! I just won't waste weeks and months worth of effort in installing them all and adjusting their settings the way I want them. Fortunately, there is an application that can save and transfer all my installed applications, settings, and files: EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Hooray!

BUT it can only work when run in a properly booted Windows 10 installation, which, as I've been saying, I cannot do!

Please help me force my way into any of my six Win 10 systems by hook or by crook. PCTrans might even work in Safe Mode, which I also cannot get into.

Little help, please? THANKS!

:)

Thenin, Jun 25, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 25, 2018
  4. All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why??

Win 10 - no admin

Hello,

I suggest you to boot the system in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login. If you are able to login to Safe mode boot, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

If the command line completes successfully, login to the built-in Administrator account and create a new Administrator (user) account.

To boot the system in Safe Mode, follow the steps provided in the link below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you are unable to login to Safe Mode, then perform a System Restore by following the steps provided below:

• In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on
      power icon and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.

• Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly
      possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring. During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also
      lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why??

1. All SIX Win 10 systems fail booting at login prompt! How and why?? - Similar Threads - SIX systems fail

2. How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Command Prompt at Login screen or Boot in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will learn how to open the Command Prompt window at the Login screen or Boot on your Windows PC. Command Prompt (cmd.exe) is the default command line interpreter for Windows. It is faster than regular GUI and uses less memory. If you have a slow...
  3. Win 10 boot fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 boot fail: Win10 won't boot. Displays error oxc0000185. What is error oxc0000185? How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-fail/2cdd11b6-7156-4663-8ead-4f3c2db0da69
  4. Win 10 System Backup failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 System Backup failing: On attempting a Microsoft Windows 10 System Image Backup I receive the message "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location" but there is....
  5. HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! six month old win 10 laptop stuck and won't boot!: I have tried EVERY option given when booting up.....although I haven't used a windows pc in many years, in the past I would have simply re-installed operating sys from scratch, back when they came with a windows disk. There is no disk drive, so even if I did have a disk to...
  6. Win 10 booting into command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 booting into command prompt: There's a thread about this from almost two years ago - windows boots into black screen with command prompt - but I tried adding the suggested code and still am booting into the command prompt. I type explorer.exe and all is well till the next boot. I have attached a...
  7. Win 10 fails to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 fails to boot: The other day the PC crashed. It restarted on its own and went to the recovery screen, but nothing has worked. I've done ever imaginable step. System Restore wouldn't start. Removing the last update didn't start. I tried bootrec, but that removed Windows 10 from the "exit and...
  8. Win 10 update of dual boot Win10 Ubuntu system fail to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update of dual boot Win10 Ubuntu system fail to boot: I initiated a lengthy Win 10 update with multiple restarts the other night. In an amazing display of brain-deadness, I had forgotten that the PC was configured as a dual boot Win10/Ubuntu 16.04 system that defaulted to Ubuntu on boot up. At some point, the Win10 restart...
  9. Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help: Hello! I'm desperately trying and continually failing to get through to the final bit of booting up one of my Windows 10 Pro installations, but while there are no error messages at all, and everything looks fine, it simply will not show the login prompt! The details of what...
  10. Unable to login to boot command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to login to boot command prompt: Hi, I have just used the SHIFT-Restart option to activate the Windows 10 Troubleshooting and tried to open a command prompt. It asked for a password. I entered my password but was told it was incorrect. I booted normally using the PIN I normally use, and went...