Windows 10: All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

Discus and support All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, and actually it's my first time to post here. I've long been a lurker, searching around for solutions and tweaks and stuff, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kensta1092, Jun 24, 2016.

1. All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

Hello TenForums, and actually it's my first time to post here. I've long been a lurker, searching around for solutions and tweaks and stuff, but I decided to register because of a minor, rather OCD-triggering problem.

This has only flared up recently, after applying a registry tweak that allows me to run stock apps on a "Built-in Administrator Account" (idk wtf is that, it's my Microsoft account I'm using to sign in my laptop with, for Pete's sake), plus re-enabling UAC. I don't want to undo the registry tweak, since there are a couple of entries needed to be edited/added, and also that I got back to using Edge because Chrome just got too slow and sluggish for me to browse on.

Here's a screengrab of the taskbar with Edge and Groove Music open:

All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar [​IMG]

I know it's just small matters, but man, it sometimes triggers the inner OCD in me... I'm running Windows 10 Home Single-Language x64 ver. 1511 with all latest updates installed.

Anyone know the solution to this?

Regards,
    Kensta

:)

Kensta1092, Jun 24, 2016
  2. Keerah Win User

After Upgrading to The Anniversary all modern apps icons are white

After Upgrading to The Anniversary Win 10 update all modern apps icons on my both PCs became white.

Even in the the taskbar menu the icon for settings is white. They actually have the icon sign which is white, but it's on white background. Edge's sign is blue (on the taskbar) but has a white box background as well. But icons that are white are completely
    indistinguishable, and thus almost unusable.

I saw some people report this issue on Win 10, some of them solved it by gaining read access to WindowsApps folder (just by entering it with confirming the access) in Program Files folder. But my system denies any access to it. What should I do, it really
    breaks the experience.

Creating a new user leads to the same problem, and I definitely don't use high contrast mode

Please do not suggest Icon cache rebuild, SFC check and the script fixing Modern Apps. I've already tried them all. It's a bug

Keerah, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Cortana search box turned white

I have found another temporary and easy alternative remedy to the white search box problem. Right click on the task bar, mouse over "Cortana" in the drop-down menu, and choose "Show Cortana Icon." This will hide the unsightly white
    search box, which will now only appear when the Cortana icon on the task bar is clicked. While this won't fix the color of the search box, it will at least spare our eyes from having to see that ugly white box on the taskbar all of the time until Microsoft
    (hopefully) eventually corrects the underlying problem.

spartanmark05, Jun 24, 2016
  4. All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

I supposed no one here knows the problem? It's been pushed back two pages.

Kensta1092, Jun 26, 2016
Thema:

All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar

1. All stock apps have a white box around the icon when in taskbar - Similar Threads - stock apps white

2. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  3. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  4. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. apps icon all white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps icon all white: All my application in the start menu sometimes shows white folder and it aint responding at all. Sometimes I can resolve it by restarting the PC and it works for some apps but when I open 2 or 3 application it will bring back the issue. How to stop this kind of weird issue in...
  6. apps icon all white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps icon all white: All my application in the start menu sometimes shows white folder and it aint responding at all. Sometimes I can resolve it by restarting the PC and it works for some apps but when I open 2 or 3 application it will bring back the issue. How to stop this kind of weird issue in...
  7. apps icon all white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I have white boxes for icons like :

I have white boxes for icons like :: Hello i have white boxes around some icons like in the photos please help me and i excuse for my grammar problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-white-boxes-for-icons-like/98a2d0e4-ff3f-4aa3-a7f8-2cc20fa973e0
  9. White box around desktop icons?

White box around desktop icons?: Hi, From time to time, white annoying boxes appear around my desktop icons that I can't get rid of once and for all. F5 works as a temporary solution, but once I select another icon, the boxes will come back. They appear in the first place by selecting an icon, going on a...
  10. White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces

White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These are two snips i took of my computer's interfce, it looks very off now, i turned it off on friday and when i turned it on today everything looks bad. my desktop and lock screen image was reset and there are white boarders around almost every icon....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove white box from around taskbar icons