Windows 10: All system icons are missing

Discus and support All system icons are missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Prodiginus, Jan 4, 2016.

1. All system icons are missing

I know this sounds like an easy fix but it is not. I have scoured the entire internet and experimented myself extensively on trying to fix this problem so I would be grateful if someone here would like to help me. The problem is this: I have Windows 10 Home and all of my icons have disappeared. I mean not only my desktop ones all of them I will include some screenshots so you guys can access the problem. This happened when I used the Winfix option in the Systemcare 9 Pro app. It told me the I have something wrong with sticky notes (I don't remember what is said I'm sorry) so I just clicked fix then all of my icons just disappeared, and it said the problem was fixed. I have tried running every troubleshooting method in the windows OS and I everything says everything is all fine. My personal theory is that either there is a setting for this that I can change back or that I have a problem in the registry (I do not back it up frequently sadly so I cannot load a backup) or the problem lies in a corrupted file (I have used sfc /scannow and it says nothing is wrong). I also am unable to access the properties option (Whenever I right click the menu comes up but when I click properties it won't open). If you guys cannot help me then I shall have to go to a tech repair place and get my computer fixed. Thank you for helping or trying to*Smile.

:)

Prodiginus, Jan 4, 2016

2. All icons in the system are missing.

Go to Settings app > System > Display and change the scaling level slider from what it is at present (probably 100%) to something else, then back again.

If that doesn't help then yes, try
    rebuilding the icon cache

For all we know you didn't revert all your registry edits properly, or worse broke something unknowingly while you were in there.

RobertJWin, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Zotad Win User
    All icons in the system are missing.

I was having a problem recently how the default windows apps wouldn't work with the built in administrator account and i found a way to fix it with regedit, unfortunately when i restarted my PC, every single icon was gone, they were all the default windows
    program icon and in explorer it was blank. Now i tried to undo the things i did in regedit and it still didn't work. I don't know if i have to restore the icon cache, read that on how to geek, or something else. Help?

All system icons are missing [​IMG]

Zotad, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Private Win User

All system icons are missing

Do you have System Protection enabled?

I assume that ASC had a Rescue Center to Undo Changes?

Private, Jan 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I would suggest :

1. UNINSTALL Systemcare 9 Pro and refrain yourself from employing 3rd party programs until you have checked with people in the forum if the programs are safe to use.

It's never a good idea to mess with registry cleaner and all those snake-oil products.

2. Do a system restore . Pick a date BEFORE you ran Systemcare 9 Pro as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jan 4, 2016
  6. I have tried the rescue center in ASC but that did not help and ASC is a well known and popular security and pc optimizer so I did not that it could do something like this. I used the winfix pro program in it and that is what broke the icons so I think that it is not the ASC. I will try to uninstall ASC and reboot my computer and see if that fixes it if that doesn't work I will recover an older version of windows 10. I will tell u guys if the uninstall and reboot work.

Prodiginus, Jan 4, 2016
  7. DoItJust Win User
    DoItJust, Jan 4, 2016
  8. All system icons are missing

I am still confused on what an image software is but I am going to do the recovery option to keep files in the video you suggested but I would like to know what it means to delete apps and I get the settings part but what about the apps?
    Will it delete all 3rd party apps or just apps from windows store?

Prodiginus, Jan 4, 2016
  9. Ill do the windows refresh and talk to u guys afterwards. Btw thank you all for the help

Prodiginus, Jan 4, 2016
  10. DoItJust Win User
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    If you select "Keep personal files and apps" everything will be kept and if you select "Keep personal files only" the system will be like after a clean install with the addition of your personal files.
    Good luck!

DoItJust, Jan 4, 2016
  11. Hey guys thanks for all the help I was able to reinstall windows and that seemed to fix the problem. Now I get to reinstall all of my apps. UGGHHHH Oooh well seeya later if I get another problem.

Prodiginus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

All system icons are missing

1. All system icons are missing - Similar Threads - system icons are

2. Missing Windows System Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Windows System Icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeaderOfSparta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wc0crs/missing_windows_system_icons/
  3. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  4. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  5. date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.: Hi, I am not sure why but I cannot see the date, time and all the other systems icon on my taskbar is there any fix?Thanks in advance.Here is a picture of it....
  6. All Icons are missing!

All Icons are missing!: When I turned on my PC today, I wasn't too happy to find that everywhere on Windows 10, desktop, taskbar, file explorer, etc, had no icons whatsoever. Before I turned off my PC I hadn't done anything with registry or whatever that could possibly cause something like this. I...
  7. Missing system icons

Missing system icons: After the last update of Windows, my icons, for example the "log out" button, disappeared, the same situation occurs in the power menu, when the "Update and shutdown" and "Restart and update" options appear, refreshing the icon file does not help, it is worth adding that...
  8. All icons missing...

All icons missing...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KoniGNovA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9d6ep/all_icons_missing/
  9. All Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Icons Missing: Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10. All of the desktop icons, including file icons are missing. Everything is invisible. When I open File Explorer, the whole left panel Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. is invisible, too. I already tried checking that desktop...
  10. ALL icons missing...from entire system...!

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing...from entire system...!: 2 days ago, I was trying to load up some vacation pics from a Cd from the DVD drive when phone rang. After returning to the 'puter, the DVD was buzzing around all over and not stopping with the screen going black. I shut everything down, retrieved the CD, and rebooted to home...