Windows 10: All users are the built-in administrator??

Discus and support All users are the built-in administrator?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A friend is running Windows 10 x64. He can't run Edge or do several other things he wants to because Windows thinks he's running as the built-in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonF, Jul 6, 2016.

1. JonF Win User

All users are the built-in administrator??

A friend is running Windows 10 x64. He can't run Edge or do several other things he wants to because Windows thinks he's running as the built-in administrator.

Under C:\Users I found his account name and the Public and Default accounts, but there was no Administrator folder. I activated the Administrator account and logged in as Administrator, and the C:\Users\Administrator folder was created. I logged n as him and he still was the built-in administrator.

I created a new user with administrator privileges and logged in as him. The new user also was the built-in administrator!

He runs MalwareBytes every morning and deletes anything it finds. I ran HerdProtect and it found a few more things but nothing that looked especially bad.

Help?

:)

JonF, Jul 6, 2016

2. All my window 10 built in apps are gone.

Hello,

Try creating a new user account, all your apps should be back and working.

Hope this helps, Good luck All users are the built-in administrator?? :)

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 6, 2016
  3. All my window 10 built in apps are gone.

but all my stuf??

i want my stuff

JARODRAFFAUT, Jul 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jul 6, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jul 6, 2016
  6. JonF Win User
    I have UAC turned off on my Windows 10 computer and my account does not behave like the built-in Administrator. E.g. I can run Edge.

I'll try the list of users but it won't change the situation.

JonF, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    I've seen two of these cases, Windows treating all user accounts as built-in admin. Both cases had one thing common: Windows 7 was setup with just one user account, user had then activated built-in admin, removed the original account and finally renamed the built-in admin and from thereafter used Windows 7 solely with this renamed built-in admin account.

When this machine is then upgraded to Windows 10, it does not ask user to create a new user account but uses the exisitng one, in this case renamed built-in admin account. That's where the trouble starts; Windows 10 cannot run UWP apps as built-in admin.

My solution and recommendation in both these cases was to clean install Windows 10.

Kari, Jul 6, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Thanks for the further information, I wasn't sure!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. All users are the built-in administrator?? - Similar Threads - users are built

2. Built-in administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built-in administrator: Hi microsoft team , Recently an update failed to install on my hp laptop which has windows 10 home edition and now whenever I open any app it just shows THIS APP CAN"T OPEN Microsoft edge can't be opened using the built in administrator account Please help me with this...
  3. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  4. Built-In Administrator not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  5. Built-In Administrator not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  6. UAC / Built-in administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  7. Built In Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built In Administrator Password: Updated to Windows 10 latest update. I have no CLUE in how to find my Built In Administrator Password. I've spent all week hrs upon hrs. trying to find files that might have it or even a hint. I'm completely LOST and not a computer programmer. I can't do this, too much...
  8. Built in administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in administrator account: I've been using Windows 10 since the auto update from 8.1 Everything has worked since then, but then this happens. Randomly in the last days, if I click on any app, I get prompted "App cannot be opened using the built-in administrator account." I don't know where...
  9. Built in Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator: Help running Windows 10, and I am stuck in the Built in Administrator log-in. It started when I was tring to disable the log-in password for my account in Windows. I can not log-in to my user's account and do not see my profile. I have went the Users Account page in the...
  10. Remove built in apps windows 10 for All Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove built in apps windows 10 for All Users: Hi all, Hope i can have some help as i made a error in my image i created. *Sad I've left the built in apps installed and i would like to remove them via GPO or logon script? Dose anyone have any ideas on how? Thanks Newp 62176