Windows 10: All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

Discus and support All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. As for the OEM stuff, you'll probably have to find it, download it and reinstall it. If you can't remember, you may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect"

Glad you got it (mostly) sorted. As for the OEM stuff, you'll probably have to find it, download it and reinstall it. If you can't remember, you may be able to mount your backup and explore its contents and get the info you need from there. Hope it all goes well.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. imrazor Win User

It all began when I was trying to get Firefox to open a downloaded Word .doc file. Firefox absolutely refused to realize that I had Word installed. So I did what I usually do when Firefox is obstinate about opening a file; I tried to locate Winword.exe and manually associate it with .doc files. Except I couldn't find Winword.exe anywhere.

I finally found it in a folder I had never seen before, "C:\Program Files\Windowsapps". The problem was that the folder was hidden and had some very strange permissions on it. So I took ownership of the folder and all subfolders and gave myself full control. That was a mistake.

Now when I open *any* Windows Store/Metro app I get the message "The parameter is incorrect". How can I repair the permissions on "C:\ProgramFiles\WIndowsapps"? I've already given ownership back to "TrustedInstaller", but I'm still getting "The parameter is incorrect." I also tried "sfc /scannow" but that didn't help.

BTW, all "classic" desktop apps work fine and Windows boots without any issue. But Office365 is totally hosed...

All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect" [​IMG]

:)

imrazor, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Apr 24, 2018
  4. fonero Win User

Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Apr 24, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Can't really find much useful about this precise problem. But attacking it via problem analysis, here's what I'd do myself, if faced with this issue, in 3 phases

Phase 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter (TF Tutorial)

If that doesn't work, onto Phase 2:

Phase 2: Uninstall all store apps, then re-install and re-register them
    1. Uninstall all store apps with this command from an administrative PowerShell session
    Code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] 2. Reinstall and Re-register Store apps (TF Tutorial)

If that doesn't work, onto Phase 3:

Phase 3: Perform an in-place upgrade repair install of Windows 10 (TF Tutorial)

HTH, and best of luck in getting this fixed.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 24, 2018
  6. imrazor Win User
    I tried everything up to Phase 3. Before nuking my entire install of Windows, I decided to try reinstalling Office. That worked - for my Office apps. Word, Excel, etc. all start fine now. However, all the other Metro apps remain hosed.

Given that re-installing Office (from the MS installer) fixed the problem, are there any other tricks before I take the drastic step of re-installing Windows? None of the Powershell commands seemed to work...

imrazor, Apr 25, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    An in-place upgrade repair install isn't quite a clean install. That said, it leaves apps and applications alone. But because you uninstalled all the UWP stuff using PowerShell, I'm hopeful it will put things back the way they should be. This process only takes 15 minutes or so, so you'll know pretty quickly if it helps or not. Only if it fails does a clean install come into the picture. Here's a link to that tutorial again: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 25, 2018
  8. imrazor Win User

Thanks it worked. I was worried about losing several hundred gigabytes of downloaded games, but all I had to was rerun the launcher. I also had to reinstall some drivers, which was a little surprising. I've also lost some OEM software; is there any way to get that back?

Otherwise, Windows Store and Office 365 all appear to be working now. Thanks.

imrazor, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

1. All Windows Store apps report "The parameter is incorrect" - Similar Threads - Store apps report

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

"The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  5. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  7. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  8. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  9. Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup

Windows Store Apps "The Parameter is incorrect" Error on startup: Hi, Yesterday I decided to change the ownership of my Windows partition from Trusted Installer to me. and then I made Trusted Installer a user with full control and me a user with full control also added the All Application Packages user with full control along with the...
  10. Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.

Windows Store Apps "The parameter is incorrect" on corporate computers.: Hi guys & girls, We are facing a weird issue here on corporate computers / Win10,v1803 mostly : Users are able to install Apps from Windows Store and sometimes use them as long as they don't log off / restart the machine... First reports were sent for Deezer / Spotify /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skypebridge parameter error

2. windows store app parameter is incorrect

3. windowsapps the parameters are incorrect

4. windows apps parameter is incorrect,
  5. microsoftofficehub_18 error,
  6. Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.1910.1283.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe,
  7. windows apps the parameter is incorrect,
  8. c:\program files\windowsapps\91750d7e.slack_4.0.2.0_x64__8she8kybcnzg4\app\slack.exe the parameter is incorrect,
  9. uwp the parameter is incorrect. settings,
  10. the parameter is incorrect windows 10 windowsapps,
  11. windowsapps parameter is incorrect,
  12. microsoft store the parameter is incorrect,
  13. parameter incorrect error windows 10 apps,
  14. parameter is incorrect windowsapps,
  15. appup.intelgraphicsexperience the parameter is incorrect