Windows 10: ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready

Discus and support ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a hp g6-2249wm laptop that stopped working, I tried to reinstall windows 8.1 and it froze at getting devices ready. I then changed to a 500gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryonCarlson, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready

i have a hp g6-2249wm laptop that stopped working, I tried to reinstall windows 8.1 and it froze at getting devices ready. I then changed to a 500gb SSD and added 4gb more ram. I then tried the install again, same result, then tried windows 10, same result. Next I upgraded the processor to an amd series a10, tried both reinstalls, same result. I tried changing various bios settings, like legacy mode on/off, secure boot on/off, reset to default, all with the same result each and every time. I then took the hp diagnostic tools and ran the extensive tests on everything, all passed with flying colors. I noticed that there was a bios update for that computer offered through hp, but the .exe file won't run right to install the flash software onto a usb. I'm all out of ideas and not sure where else to look, I've search, read, and tried at least 20 different ways to "fix" this problem to no avail. I'm at whits end, I've dumped over $200 in upgrades to make this thing run, nothing.... please help.....

:)

BryonCarlson, Jul 7, 2018

2. windows 10 "the device is not ready"

Hi,

If your device is working fine in Windows 7/8/8.1, I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue. Though the article is for Windows 8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Get your apps and devices working in
    Windows 8.1

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 7, 2018
  3. groze Win User
    Build 10240 - Any expiry on ACTIVATED versions??

I was going to do that for my benefit because of the way I have my partitions setup and to be legal with the EULA that isn't a step by step instruction. Right now I am waiting to see if build 10240 is actually the release build and yes I know at lot of people don't believe 10240 is the release version. I still may need to do that if build 10240 is not the release version.

groze, Jul 7, 2018
  4. hellrazor Win User

ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready

1. ALL windows versions freezes at getting devices ready - Similar Threads - versions freezes getting

2. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready': after switching out hard drives the one I had in had corrupted sectors in the windows area with a perfectly FINE windows 10 hard drive...The computer gets stuck on 'getting devices ready'Everything I have read so far about 100+ pages has been total **** !!!!!I CANNOT start...
  3. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready': after switching out hard drives the one I had in had corrupted sectors in the windows area with a perfectly FINE windows 10 hard drive...The computer gets stuck on 'getting devices ready'Everything I have read so far about 100+ pages has been total **** !!!!!I CANNOT start...
  4. windows 10 stuck on 'getting devices ready'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 2004 "Your Device is not ready": Any idea why this is? l am literally running a very modern £1600 PC with very modern hardware approx 6 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-your-device-is-not-ready/f05c73bb-e18b-425c-ad07-5cdfcb72c72b
  6. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 “getting devices ready” freezes on startup from new windows installation.

Windows 10 “getting devices ready” freezes on startup from new windows installation.: Ive been trying to get my new pc set up for almost a week, and just one night ago i was able to actually get in. I was happy. Tonight i was downloading software i wanted to use on my pc, and it eventually froze. On startup i wasnt able to get back into my pc like before, so i...
  8. Device is not ready

Device is not ready: HI. I recently tried to lock my HD710 external-HDD and then I got a problem in decryption when I wanna use my e-HDD after entering the password I get this error : "Encryption has been stopped Device is not ready" I'm sure that I enter the password correctly and I'm...
  9. windows stuck , getting devices ready

windows stuck , getting devices ready: hello , i'm using windows server 2012 R2 , i deploy WDS , i capture one imange , windows 10 professional , and upload to server , later , when I tried to install the image , after copy the files and reboot, it stuck on getting devices ready ! . i added the driver to the...
  10. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installation froze at getting devices ready phase

2. windows 8 install not installing correctly freezes on getting devices ready