Windows 10: Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

Discus and support Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a routine CHKDSK on my C: drive (SSD), in Windows 10, 64-bit. Got this beauty: "chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to corruption found in the $Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meimeiriver, May 5, 2017.

1. Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

I did a routine CHKDSK on my C: drive (SSD), in Windows 10, 64-bit. Got this beauty:

"chkdsk /scan" is aborting due to corruption found in the $Boot file.
    "chkdsk /f" will be required to repair the volume.

Thing is, upon repairing (required a reboot), the alleged errors are still there. Which makes me think that maybe this is false alarm. Samsung Magician found no errors on my disk. And CrystalDiskInfo reports no bad/reallocated sectors, or any errors of any kind either.

I did, at some point, use a utility called Partition Assistent, which transformed my MBR to GPT. Not sure if that could be related (as I hadn't run a CHKDSK since).

There are no file system errors on the drive at all, btw. Just a reported boot file corruption. And no errors found with powershell.

I would have ignored this, if I did not, indeed, get an occassion where Windows 10 won't boot (I know GPT has a lot of redunancy). So, maybe there's something odd, after all.

And suggestions left? Thanks.

:)

meimeiriver, May 5, 2017
  2. JimWynne Win User

(Problem Solved!) Ccleaner checked everytihing and cleaned it now everything won't work. Plz help ;-;

Please tell us how you would identify "... a documented case..."

JimWynne, May 5, 2017
  3. PAW GMail Win User
    Sleep mode no longer optional in build 1703; requires logging back on and reinitializing

If there is a software conflict it is in Creator's Update. But if I did a clean boot, what would I learn and exactly how would I find an alleged conflict?

PAW GMail, May 5, 2017
  4. Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

indianacarnie, May 5, 2017
  5. As expected, SFC reported "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I'm really suspecting Partition Assistent, which transformed my MBR to GPT. Can't prove it, though; but *do* find it a bit troublesome the scheduled Windows CHKDSK (needing a reboot) can't fix the issue.

meimeiriver, May 6, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    .. I would tend to agree - that app did something funky that Windows does not understand..

Superfly, May 6, 2017
  7. indianacarnie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file?

1. Alleged corruption found in the $Boot file? - Similar Threads - Alleged corruption found

2. Work around for alleged corrupt recover key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work around for alleged corrupt recover key: The background information with my questions for help are because I can easily see getting a ton of questions, as well as unsolicited remarks if I do not share the global context and efforts undertaken already in attempting to recover files and then recover the computer...
  3. Work around for alleged corrupt recover key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work around for alleged corrupt recover key: The background information with my questions for help are because I can easily see getting a ton of questions, as well as unsolicited remarks if I do not share the global context and efforts undertaken already in attempting to recover files and then recover the computer...
  4. Work around for alleged corrupt recover key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 found corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 found corrupted files: i just installed windows 10 on my computer and it was a clean install. after setting all things up updating windows, apps and drivers, i ran system file checker tool. it showed that windows found some corrupted files and successfully repaired them. so, is this a sign that my...
  6. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  7. BSOD & corrupt files found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD & corrupt files found: Hi guys, new here. Recently I've gotten 3 BSOD's within the past week, with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." I also ran the command SFC /scannow, which detects corrupted...
  8. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Found corrupt files (SFC scan): Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log: http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o 36138
  9. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...
  10. Found corrupt files but not fixed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Found corrupt files but not fixed: Hi there, I was having a problem with my start button on windows 10, so i decided to go ahead and do sfc /scannow. It said it found corrupt files, but could not repair them, so i went ahead and done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. This then said "Error:...