Windows 10: Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app

Discus and support Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've perused the threads in this forum that deal with UAC and bottom line is that every solution offered is worthless. Nothing works. I've unblocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Old Wolf, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app

I've perused the threads in this forum that deal with UAC and bottom line is that every solution offered is worthless. Nothing works. I've unblocked the relevant .exe files with PowerShell, there are no "unblock" checkboxes in properties, etc. etc.

It shouldn't be that complex. The only solution Windows offers is to change my security slider, which isn't recommended anyway. Why can't there be a "Never ask again for this program" checkbox? How hard would it be? Jayzus bejayzus.

Has anyone found a way to disable this damned popup for a given program, for all time?

:)

The Old Wolf, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Ernie S Win User

Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your P.C

Original title: appearence of box

I have a box which comes up each time I switch my computer on and I do not know what it is or how to get rid of it . It states at the top of the box: :-

" do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your P.C. "

then underneath it states "programme name p981116exe"

publisher unknown

file origion hard drive on the computer

show details yes no

change when the notification appears

can you tell me how to get rid of it

Regards Ernie

Ernie S, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Can't run program with 'unknown publisher'

I am attempting to open a program with an unknown publisher.

Before the April 2018 update, I would see a prompt upon lunching the program that would inform me that this program had an unknown publisher. This prompt would allow me to select the 'Run Anyway' option. Since the April 2018 update, this prompt does
    not display. The program does not run and does not show up in the task manager. I currently know of a workaround by disabling a feature in Windows Defender. My question is, will there be a fix for this soon?

Windows Defender Security Center -> App & Browser Control -> turn off -> Check apps and files

MarkDecker1, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app

steps to publish our app

Can someone provide information on the steps to upload/publish our winmobile 6.x app on the marketplace. Also I would like to know if there is an option to upload individual builds for each supported devices or do we need to publish one single build for
    all supported devices?

Thanks.

windeveloper23, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app

1. Allow App from Unknown Publisher - disable for a single app - Similar Threads - Allow App Unknown

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  4. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  5. Unknown Publisher!!

Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  6. Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes": I sometimes install apps that return "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device ?" every time they start. I understand the is because there is a mismatch in the publisher name in the project properties in the app. I have found a...
  7. Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can we fix "allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes": I sometimes install apps that return "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device ?" every time they start. I understand the is because there is a mismatch in the publisher name in the project properties in the app. I have found a...
  8. How do I stop the "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher..." for a single...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop the "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher..." for a single...: There's one app I use frequently where this warning keeps coming up, but I want to disable it only for that app. submitted by /u/TryGoogle_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5oh14/how_do_i_stop_the_do_you_want_to_allow_this_app/
  9. The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

in Windows 10 News
    The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...: [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the default location of apps, photos, documents, and other stuff to another drive if you wish to. It helps […] This article The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error 0x80073d21 first appeared on...
  10. Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.

Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.: I'm attempting to install software that is from a trusted source, where the publisher is identified as unknown. I get... "This app has been blocked for your protection." How do I turn off this protection so that I can install my software? Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you want to allow this app from unknown

2. do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher

3. windows 10 stop apps popup unknown publisher

4. do you want to allow this app from an unknown,
  5. popup do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher windows 10,
  6. do you want to allow this app from an unknown get rid of popup,
  7. unknown app allow pc,
  8. allow app from unknown publisher windows 10,
  9. do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your pc,
  10. unknown publisher ALLOW APP