Windows 10: "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

Discus and support "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by repulsor101, Jul 10, 2016.

1. "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

So I have my background set to change to another picture in a slideshow once a day, but I often use the laptop unplugged, and the slideshow doesn't change.

The first few days I was confused, but then I realized that the option "Allow slideshow when on battery power" was turned off, so i turned it on, but the background still wouldn't change the next day. I've now realized that every time I close Settings, the option defaults to "off".

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

:)

repulsor101, Jul 10, 2016

2. [Windows 10] Desktop Slideshow not changing pictures automatically

Are you on a laptop too? If so make sure that according to "winver" you're on the Fall update (10586) of Windows 10. Then go to the Settings application under Personalization :: Background and check the "allow slideshow on battery power" checkbox.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 10, 2016
  3. Wi-fi says it's connected but..

The laptop is on a battery. I did pull up the device manager and this is feature is on.

moniquealexis10, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

"Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off.

1. "Allow slideshow on battery power" turns itself off. - Similar Threads - Allow slideshow battery

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  4. Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low: My laptop battery health is poor and when I turn on the laptop, it turns off and then I have to turn it on again and it loads from the bootloader like I shut it down It keeps all the apps opened though. This happens every time I turn on the laptop after a while. It shuts down...
  5. Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns itself off after turning it on even when battery is not low: My laptop battery health is poor and when I turn on the laptop, it turns off and then I have to turn it on again and it loads from the bootloader like I shut it down It keeps all the apps opened though. This happens every time I turn on the laptop after a while. It shuts down...
  6. Is there a way to turn off throttling when on battery power?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn off throttling when on battery power?: I have a Ryzen gaming laptop (2019) and when it is plugged in, it works just fine. But when unplugged, its just almost unusable. There are just so many stutters here and there even while scrolling. There are delays in opening apps. Also, dealing with text (selecting, deleting...
  7. Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off: Daily, I find that the personalisation settings have changed. I boot to a new background but then it stays fixed on the new picture. In the Personalisation settings. 'Slideshow' changes itself to 'Picture'. I set it to use the slideshow when on batteries, but that switch...
  8. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?: Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop. In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to shuffle my slideshow and whether to pause the slideshow when on battery power. You can see that screen by looking at my tablet,...
  9. Can't turn off battery/power saving mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off battery/power saving mode: Any time I restart my laptop and I go to performance settings power saving mode is turned on. If i set to high performance, then it doesn't recognizing it and turns power saving back again after restart. If i change advanced settings under power saving mode and set everything...
  10. unable to select use battery power with slideshows

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to select use battery power with slideshows: hi there im going to keep this short so here is what happened i got a wallpaper dump i set it as slideshow the next day(today) i notice it does not change when not plugged in i say to my self hmm i think i enabled battery wallpapers. i go to check the settings it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable slideshow on battery lockmode

2. why allow slideshow when battery is on