Windows 10: Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall

Discus and support Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Everytime I start an app I have to go into Windows firewall and find the listing of the app (it creates a new entry for the app everytime I start the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoeMerieux, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall

Everytime I start an app I have to go into Windows firewall and find the listing of the app (it creates a new entry for the app everytime I start the app so there are now dozens of them) and manually change the permissions. I then need to stop the app and started it again, and then it is allowed through the firewall. It is very tiresome and amateur that I have to do this. It took me a long time to figure out how to do this.

Is there a any of permanently allowing the app through the firewall?

Thanks

Joe

:)

JoeMerieux, Jul 30, 2018

2. Allow an app through Windows Firewall

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Right click on Start menu icon.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Now select Windows Firewall.
    • Select "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" from left hand side pane.
    • Select the app which you want to allow.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 30, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall

Windows Firewall - "allowed apps and features"

Right Click Button Start button
    Then Control Panel
    Then Scroll to Windows Firewall
    Then click Allow an app or features through Windows Firewall
    That is where you want to look
    You will find all the entries listed there

hTconeM9user, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall

1. Allowing an app through Windows 1o firewall - Similar Threads - Allowing app through

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  5. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  6. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  8. Why cant I allow an app through Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant I allow an app through Windows Firewall: [IMG] I can't click on " Change settings" I'm singed in as the built in Administrator account. https://preview.redd.it/z9hgjdzl2vv41.png?width=1124&format=png&auto=webp&s=625170b840eaf6847a4ec84676f0f52b0a220a08 submitted by /u/woubulbus [link] [comments]...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...