Windows 10: Allowing standard users to run exe

Discus and support Allowing standard users to run exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techtiger, Nov 6, 2016.

1. techtiger Win User

Allowing standard users to run exe

Hi guys,

All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension.

How Can i achieve it??

:)

techtiger, Nov 6, 2016

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app- Error while installin printer

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you logged in your PC via a Microsoft account?

2. If you are logged in using a local account, is it set with administrator privileges?

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes to
    other user accounts.

The difference between an Administrator account and a Standard account are:-

standard user (Users) - The standard account is an
    unelevated restricted user account that can be a local account or Microsoft account. It can help protect your computer by preventing users from making changes to the system that affects everyone who uses the computer. When you are signed in
    to Windows with a standard account, you can do almost anything that you can do with an administrator account, but if a standard user tries to do something that requires elevated rights (ex: run as administrator), Windows will display a UAC prompt for the standard
    user to enter the password of an administrator account for approval and confirmation before allowing the action.

administratoruser - Is an
    unelevated administrator account that is created by default during the installation of Windows, or is already setup for you on an OEM (ex: Dell) computer. This account can be a local account or Microsoft account. An administrator account has
    complete access to the computer, and can make any desired changes. If an administrator user tries to do something that requires elevated rights (ex: run as administrator), Windows will display a UAC prompt for the administrator user to approve before allowing
    the action.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 6, 2016
  3. ThermoX Win User
    give standard user access to admin program Windows 10 Pro

BulldogXX,

I understand the security model. But if you're going to allow a Standard User to run a specific program as Administrator once, by providing the password when prompted, then it should *absolutely* be possible to allow that exact same program to be run all
    the time, for that specific user, without having to enter the password again (given that the binary file doesn't change). If, as a user with Administrative access, you have deemed a given program to be safely used by a specific user, a group, or by all users
    , then there's absolutely no reason the system should stop you from doing so. Do you think having to give *complete* Administrative Privileges to that user, because he cannot launch one .exe to play a video game, is safer in that security model? I think
    not.

ThermoX, Nov 6, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

R-click the exe/Properties/Security/Edit (next to 'To change permissions, click Edit'). Highlight the User/Users you want to grant permissions and check appropriate 'Allow' boxes.

mrgeek, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Allowing standard users to run exe - Similar Threads - Allowing standard users

2. Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Run Administrator Programs in Startup of Standard User: I have both an administrator and standard account on my laptop. I use the standard account for every general task and do not use the administrator account unless absolutely needed. There are two pieces of software I want to run at startup every time either my standard account...
  3. standard user log in failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    standard user log in failed: after updating my windows 10 to 1903 version, standard user accounts cannot log in while administrator accounts can. when a standard account try to log in the message appear:The Group Policy Client service failed the logon, accsess denied. then I tried to solve the problem...
  4. Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Printer Installation DVD to run .exe: Hello, I have a new laptop running Windows 10 and I was attempting to install my wireless printer. The wireless installation kept failing so I decided to run the setup .exe program from the original CD that came with the printer. I keep receiving a message saying it will not...
  5. administrator user changed to standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...
  6. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  7. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: So, I use standard windows account as my main one and invoke admin account only when needed. This works great as I don't need admin rights for the majority of the stuff I do on my rig (gaming, listening to music, web browsing, etc)..however the problem is two of the programs...
  8. How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?

How do make programs run at startup on standard user account?: Sent you a pm. Let us know if it works.
  9. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  10. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973

Users found this page by searching for:

1. policy account changes for allowing .exe