Windows 10: Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application

Discus and support Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last couple of months there have been many articles published in regards to many of the premier and large banks killing their Windows Phone application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 16, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application

Last couple of months there have been many articles published in regards to many of the premier and large banks killing their Windows Phone application to move and build new features for iOS and Android.

Today we are bringing some positive news for Windows Phone users with one of their long serving banking application Ally Bank has pushed out a new update for its existing Windows Phone application.

The latest update bumps the Windows Phone app to a Universal Windows Application for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The update also comes with some great new features which now are available for Ally Bank users both on their Windows 10 desktops and Windows 10 Mobile.

Ally Bank already supports most of the banking features like Deposit of checks via the new Ally eCheck Deposit option, transferring money between Ally Bank and accounts with other banks.

The customers also have the option to check their transaction history along with scheduling payments, paying bills and reviewing the payment history. The bank also offers users with option to search nearby ATMs.

Like most other bank, Ally bank also offers its customers investing options by letting them trade in stocks directly from their mobile device. The customers can also view their investments with streaming quotes and can also use charting tools to have a technical analysis of the stocks they have invested in.

The transactions done via online banking are encrypted with secure technology to protect the bank accounts of users from any fraudulent transactions or online fishing. The bank also provide users with security codes which act as an additional layer of protection when logging in from any other desktop which is not recognized by the system.

As reported the latest update to the Ally Bank converts the Windows Phone application to a full UWP app and is available for download on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile from the Microsoft Store.

The post Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 16, 2018

2. Ally Bank

Just curious if anyone knows if an Ally Bank Mobile App is in progress for Windows 8 devices. This is pretty annoying and the ONLY downfall of the windows phone IMO.

Brandonh98, May 16, 2018
  3. [UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., May 16, 2018
Thema:

Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application

1. Ally Bank updates their Windows Phone app as a UWP Windows 10 application - Similar Threads - Ally Bank updates

2. Rog ally window doesn't update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rog ally window doesn't update to windows 11: Why window rog ally doesn't compatible to running window 11, after check with pc health is tpm not enable, and how to enable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rog-ally-window-doesnt-update-to-windows-11/daa5f70c-a1cb-4bcc-93a7-62205d0f0752
  3. Can't get needed help from ally bank

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get needed help from ally bank: In the past, I could access my Ally Bank Account with either of my two PC's. I can still access the account on the OLD HP desktop PC with WIN7 Home Edition, Google Chrome browser. The newer HP Laptop with WIN10 (ver. 20H2), Google Chrome will not work now, even though it once...
  4. Windows UWP apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows UWP apps: It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and lover I am very...
  5. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  6. banking app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    banking app: I cant download Capitec banking app Microsoft Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/banking-app/9d0adfce-d2c6-4758-9eac-27ad08575003"
  7. Update UWP app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update UWP app: At bootup I keep getting this DOS window that says "Update UWP file?" It slows down my bootup noticeably! I researched this heading and found that the MIcrosoft Store Apps Settings should be Automatically ON. I followed the instructions and discovered thatthis feature is ON...
  8. Are the days of Windows UWP applications numbered?

in Windows 10 News
    Are the days of Windows UWP applications numbered?: Microsoft has big plans when it released the Windows 10 operating system: make customers forget about Windows 8, reach 1 billion devices running the system in record time, and establish a new application platform and Store. The platform was renamed several times, you may...
  9. VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration

in Windows 10 News
    VLC UWP app updated for Windows 10 with ChromeCast integration: VideoLAN the developers behind the VLC UWP app for Windows 10 has been regularly pushing out updates with new features for its application on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. Continuing with the same trend the developers have today pushed out another new update for Windows...
  10. UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UWP App Diagnostics in Windows 10: At Build this year, we gave a sneak preview of a set of new APIs designed to provide diagnostic information about running apps. You can see the videos hereand here – but note that these were based on a pre-release implementation. So, while the Build videos are still correct...