Windows 10: Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..

Discus and support Almost DEAD Ethernet connection .. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have two desktop PCs. One is a TV Media Centre PC (good ol' Windows 7) - wired to the Router, the other my working PC (Windows 10) runs on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Guido22, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Guido22 Win User

Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..

Hello

I have two desktop PCs. One is a TV Media Centre PC (good ol' Windows 7) - wired to the Router, the other my working PC (Windows 10) runs on the network using 'Homeplug' type technology. I also have a number of wireless tablet/phone devices in the house.

Only very recently have I noticed that when my working PC (the one connected via the Homeplugs), is running ALL internet activity is almost dead...ie. 0.2-0.3 MBPS. If I physically unplug the Ethernet cable from the homeplug on the 'working' PC - the internet connection (whilst still a cra*p speed by most other peoples standards), returns to our usual 3.5 MBPS. I figured it was perhaps the homeplugs themselves - so binned them and replaced them this weekend with brand new ones... no change.
    I have also updated AVG and System Mechanic Pro - run both to analyse and fix any problems. Neither found suspicious Viruses or the like.... Unplugging the PC from the network surely confirms that it has to be Windows 10 as the culprit.

I have read about the recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update ......

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-slow-i...ate-heres-how/

I am going to check the above on the PC this evening - but have a sneaking suspicion this will make very little difference. I will keep you posted , but in the meantime wondered if anyone has seen a similar issue with a wired connection seemingly killing all activity on their network connection....???

Thanks in advance.

:)

Guido22, Sep 18, 2016
  2. DonTolson Win User

My LG Quantum C900 keeps shutting off at random

It could be that your battery is either almost dead or failing. Does the same thing happen while it is plugged into the wall charger or connected to your laptop?

DonTolson, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    GSM/Call quality

Sounds more like an issue with your handset or connection. Calls are fine on my Focus, and my house is almost a dead zone (0-1 bars at all times)

Entegy, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Really you need to test the PC by plugging directly into the router it may be a pain to do but without that we can't be sure it the problem is home plugs or windows

Samuria, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Almost DEAD Ethernet connection .. - Similar Threads - Almost DEAD Ethernet

2. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead: While playing games and such, my ping is fine and consistent throughout the multiplayer experience but during everything else, I feel like I'm not receiving enough throughput. It fluctuates but always stays in the Kbps range and sometimes entering the 1Mbps range for a second...
  3. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead: While playing games and such, my ping is fine and consistent throughout the multiplayer experience but during everything else, I feel like I'm not receiving enough throughput. It fluctuates but always stays in the Kbps range and sometimes entering the 1Mbps range for a second...
  4. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet cannot almost download anything

Ethernet cannot almost download anything: Hello, when I use USB ethernet to connect the internet to my PC via phone the speed becomes great and I can download everything, but when I put the SIM of my phone on my router and then connected ethernet tothe PC I literally can't download anything!I've:-Flushed DNS-rested...
  6. Ethernet Connection

Ethernet Connection: I have a new PC and it has been connected to internet via ethernet cable - this has stopped working, tried cable in another device and not working there either - brand new cable, any suggestions on trying to solve?...
  7. Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu: My laptop internal gpu intel 630 is almost dead only works on Microsoft basic display driver, if i install the intel drivers artifacts starts appearing so i was thinking to buy external monitor for around $200 & connect it via hdmi to dedicated gpu but i’m not sure if that...
  8. Ethernet connection slow and almost not working

Ethernet connection slow and almost not working: Hi guys, I've experienced quite a slow ethernet recently and have no idea why. I tried switching cables and it feels the same. Not sure if its my TP Link AV-500 that's down. The error message i got was 'Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or...
  9. Ethernet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Connectivity: I am going insane I've tried nearly everything I can think of but despite my internet connect being fine for every other device and my ethernet being plugged in I cant access the internet. I've done a network reset, I've done a router reset, I've updated drivers but I still...
  10. Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?: Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it? I had the strangest thing that happened to me. I uninstalled the drivers for on motherboard's Ethernet and this happened. I had to troubleshoot, check cables, reinstalled the latest drivers and cleared the cmos. It appeared the...