Windows 10: (almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside)

Discus and support (almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help to at least narrow down the possibilities as to what setting is responsible for this "text effect". I find it extremely hard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glachance, Jun 16, 2016.

1. glachance Win User

(almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside)

Hello, I need some help to at least narrow down the possibilities as to what setting is responsible for this "text effect". I find it extremely hard to read.

Is it color management? Display drivers? Bad font cache? Font smoothing? Clear type?

(almost) Unreadable text everywhere.  (pics inside) [​IMG]

:)

glachance, Jun 16, 2016

2. How to make text darker Win 10 HP laptop

I got rid of a perfectly good HP laptop running Windows 8 because I couldn't read the screen because the text was so light, EVERYWHERE. I now have the same problem with a brand new HP laptop running Windows 10.

I've tried your Cleartype solution and it improved things a little, but the black text is not dark black.

Word files are almost unreadable.

There must be a better fix.

Please help.

FrancineHyman, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Why do Windows 10 graphics look so bad?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from 7), and the graphics and fonts EVERYWHERE look terrible; I'm on a ThinkPad T61, and the icons and fonts and everything went from nice-looking to pixelated... text is almost unreadable in browsers (see screenshot). My resolution
    stayed at 1440x1050, which looked perfectly fine on Windows 7 (though text was more readable on XP).

Why did Microsoft decide to majorly overhaul their interface again? Even the icons are flat and amateurish-looking, the taskbar boxes are all the same color, there's hardly any separators between elements ANYWHERE, everything's just sort of floating around
    everywhere, no raised look or anything, everything's just a big blob.

Hover Cat Dave, Jun 16, 2016
  4. (almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside)

Looks as though you should run ClearType.

Also check
    System>Advanced System Settings>Performance>Visual effects ... smooth edges of screen fonts

Slartybart, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

(almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside)

1. (almost) Unreadable text everywhere. (pics inside) - Similar Threads - almost Unreadable text

2. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  3. RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts: [ATTACH] Using RDP sessions there are sometimes nearly unreadable (low contrast) parts. Transparency and RemoteFX have already been deactivated but with no effect....
  4. mouse over texte unreadable - White on White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse over texte unreadable - White on White: Hello,On Windows 11, I have an issue with mouseover Text. It's white and nearly unreadable.It's a fresh install of W11, the theme is personalized dark for windows, light for appsOn day 1 of the install, the text was black or grey don't remember, now it's white.See screen...
  5. win10 bsod. text unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 bsod. text unreadable: I've read a lot about blue screens but no one ever posted saying they couldn't read it.Sometimes the text is legible other times it appears to be a different language, it could be just gibberish. . But either way it always reboots. I've tried to disable the reboot feature but...
  6. Missing text everywhere

Missing text everywhere: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zbyrte0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff51f64430ca5cc292b972466a5a19ec813913bd https://preview.redd.it/8jt67g0zcc051.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=094a698c7f904de7790e5c35ed14dbcab84d5995 fix i tried but didnt work:...
  7. Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug

Explorer dark mode text unreadable bug: [ATTACH] Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0 is black and unreadable submitted by /u/tommasovdev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9s97t/explorer_dark_mode_text_unreadable_bug/
  8. Text missing everywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text missing everywhere: Hello! After updating to 1903 in undetermined intervals all my text is missing, from context menus, Explorer or in programs. This problem is exactly described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9voa80/why_is_all_my_text_missing_everywhere_in_windows/ I...
  9. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF text is rectangular & unreadable: Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters. --- At their office those newsletters are readable. They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list. --- Until June 2018 they were readable. --- However, starting in July 2018...
  10. Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable: Something very minor but annoying. I noticed the following recently: [img] The color of the texts in the tabs are the same as the color of the tabheaders themselves which make them hard to read. Anyone else who has this? 89890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 laptop text almost unreadable