Windows 10: Alphabets in my Start menu

Discus and support Alphabets in my Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traijan, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Alphabets in my Start menu

Hi,

Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu.

I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one the top to the bottom so it's just useless clutter on the start menu for me.

Any way to turn them off?

:)

Traijan, Aug 1, 2015

2. lumia 720 menu

Hi everyone, i am having a small trouble with my 720.

My phones menu is showing application by alphabetic order. Means A is in the top of applications start with alphabet A. And B in the top of app starts with B.

When i buy my phone there where no such alphabets in my menu. It came after 55+ items in the menu. How to remove those A,B,C,D.....Z from menu..? Pls give a solution.

chanchal123, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Start Menu Alphabet

Can nobody help me in this matter, perhaps someone non-English user?

ÁrniSigmundsson, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Alphabets in my Start menu

1. Alphabets in my Start menu - Similar Threads - Alphabets Start menu

2. Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start: Hi How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs? 171464
  3. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  4. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  5. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  6. Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?: Hey, So I generally like the W10 start menu with the exception of the alphabet soup in my all apps listings. It's making it look very cluttered and actually disorganized even though everything is obviously listed alphabetically. Is there a way to turn off the alphabet...
  7. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  8. The Alphabet Menu/Window

in Windows 10 Support
    The Alphabet Menu/Window: Sorry, don't know the proper name for this. It's the small window that opens when you click on a letter in the All Apps menu. Does anyone know the purpose of this ? Surely it can't be to open an app - I reckon it would take 5 clicks from opening the Start menu to getting to...
  9. windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 anniversery update - start menu alphabetical sorting!: please can someone explain how i get rid of this crap please! i wish for my start menu to be organized, small, and clean and not cluttered! i wish i could take it back to before where i would just click all apps or hell even type the name in search but im honestly stumped!...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Where is the letter D on my start up menue