Windows 10: Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...

Discus and support Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey y'all. Hopefully someone can answer my question and I don't have to try to get through support again. I tried a few times and never got through to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshChristopherson, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...

Hey y'all. Hopefully someone can answer my question and I don't have to try to get through support again. I tried a few times and never got through to a live chat or even a phone number. As stated above, I already purchased Windows 10 Pro. I recently did a clean reinstall and it installed Windows 10 Home from the boot drive that it created. I tried to upgrade to Pro through the activation panel in Control Panel but I am getting prompted to pay for it. I did notice in my account that when I reinstalled, it setup my laptop as a new device instead of the same one... so I removed the now old "device" from my account. That didn't change anything. I am more than willing to provide extra information about steps I've tried - just let me know what. I am also an advanced user as I have been an IT engineer and web/software developer for 15+ years - the problem that I'm running into is that Microsoft has made everything so dumbed down for inexperienced users that an advanced user has no way to just get the results I need.

Thanks!

:)

JoshChristopherson, Jul 13, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to... :)

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to...

1. Already purchased Windows 10 Pro. Did a clean reinstall and it installed home. Tried to... - Similar Threads - Already purchased Pro

2. purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls: I purchased pro upgrades for a number of machines. I recently had a ransomware attack so I replaced the OS drive and now it only installs windows 11 home and not the pro upgrade. What can be done?...
  3. purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls: I purchased pro upgrades for a number of machines. I recently had a ransomware attack so I replaced the OS drive and now it only installs windows 11 home and not the pro upgrade. What can be done?...
  4. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro: It's time for me to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop. I can do a total system backup, or even clone my active SSD to a spare HDD. The great majority of my files are located in OneDrive. If after backing up or cloning I do a clean reinstall on the SSD...
  5. Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs

Windows 10 Home Laptop, upgraded to Pro and clean installs: Hi, If I get a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, then upgrade it to Pro, what happens during a clean install? Will it install to Home with me having to upgrade to Pro again, each time I do a clean install? This will be a batch of machines for a business, with a...
  6. Can not reinstall Window 10 Pro when Laptop already have installed Window 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can not reinstall Window 10 Pro when Laptop already have installed Window 10 Home: Dear. i bought a Laptop Dell already have installed Windows 10 Home Lisence. And I bought one more DVD-Rom Window 10 Pro genuine (include product key). i had format hardrive and reinstall window 10 Pro on it. But when install finish, i checked activate, it alert This is...
  7. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...
  8. starting a clean install pro or home

starting a clean install pro or home: my upgrade was home but with having a million issues decided to run a clean install now it asks pro or home? Do i have to use home or can i switch to pro with automatic activation from the upgrade? 41696
  9. Windows Clean Reinstall: Windows Pro changed to Home

Windows Clean Reinstall: Windows Pro changed to Home: After finally getting my drives to work (as whined about in a prior thread and I will update there), I did a clean install of Windows 10. I skipped the key part, because every where I looked, it was stated that the installation would activate the prior version. However, I...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought windows pro but installed home

2. i purchased windows 10 pro but windows 10 home was installed

3. pc purchased with windows 10 pro now home

4. i already bought windows 10 pro how do i get it,
  5. i already purchased windows pro,
  6. i bought windows 10 pro but when i installed it windows 10 home was installed,
  7. already bought windows 10 pro,
  8. already purchased windows pro