Windows 10: alt tab into desktop?

Discus and support alt tab into desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vistascape, Feb 16, 2017.

1. alt tab into desktop?

How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7?

I don't like w + d.

:)

vistascape, Feb 16, 2017

2. Alt + Tab = Monitor goes into standby/power saving mode.

Does you monitor actually go into Stand-By mode, or does the screen just turn black?

Either way you can try updating the video drivers. (Drivers | GeForce)

If the monitor is on, but displaying a black screen; try hitting ALT + Enter instead of ALT + TAB.

Most games will then switch from Full Screen to running in a Window. That way you can whatever is you need to (f.ex. changing channels in TeamSpeak), then go back to full screen gaming with Another press of ALT + Enter.

And if you have access to, or can borrow another monitor, try connecting it to your computer to see if the issue remains.

Markus är här!, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Alt + Tab = Monitor goes into standby/power saving mode.

Hey I've been having this problem lately that makes my screen turn off/ goes into standby mode. It sometimes happens when Iaunch a fullscreen game and very often my screen turns off when I Alt Tab out. I can still hear all the audio in the background and
    I can still speak to my friends through Teamspeak. But I can't press or do anything at all. I've tried setting up HRC (HotKey Resolution Changer). But since I cannot press anything I can't use it. Would help a lot since I HAVE to restart my computer in order
    to work again...

Steps to recreate:

(1) Start any fullscreen game. (sometimes blackscreen)

(2) Alt Tab out.

(3) Do anything on windows 10.

(4) Alt Tab in.

(5) Black screen, Can't do anything.

(6) Restart computer.

(7) Back to step 1.

My specs:

I7 6700k

nVidia gtx 980 Ti

2x8gb RAM

750w psu

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170 - HD3

1tb HDD

250gb SSD

Built myself.

Dadi Andrason, Feb 16, 2017
  4. alt tab into desktop?

Hi vistascape, welcome to Ten Forums!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like this is an option anymore.

*Start + d is a quicker way to switch rather than seeing all windows using alt + tab.

However if you still really want to use alt + tab, you could check out something like Auto Hot Key - superuser.

Good luck *Smile.

ellellell1, Feb 17, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    "WinFlip3D" finds it so it must be assignable to the system. Doesn't play very well with 'virtual desktops' though.

alt tab into desktop? [​IMG]

Requires some more investigation! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

alt tab into desktop?

1. alt tab into desktop? - Similar Threads - alt tab desktop

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  7. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  8. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  9. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798