Windows 10: ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen

Discus and support ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm at work and when I hit ALT+TAB, the pop up comes on but it doesn't actually switch windows. See example below: [img] When I'm at home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sefirosu, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sefirosu Win User

ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen

So I'm at work and when I hit ALT+TAB, the pop up comes on but it doesn't actually switch windows. See example below:

ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen [​IMG]

When I'm at home and hit ALT+TAB, I can switch between windows without any issues. What I have to do is basically arrow over to where I want to go and either hit enter or click it with the mouse. Does anyone know why this is happening? First time I've seen it and not quite sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

sefirosu, Mar 10, 2016
  2. TJSteen Win User

Show desktop windows 10

How do I minimize a full screen game to show my desktop? In previous versions of windows you could alt+tab or win+D or even just hit the windows key. Now the windows key does nothing, win+d does nothing and alt+tab switches between open windows. If you
    only have 1 program open that is fullscreen, alt+tab will be of no help. I am currently holding alt+tab then clicking on chrome just to open a new program so i can minimize the game.

TJSteen, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Mar 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Just a crazy suggestion but have your Windows and ALT keys got swapped or confused. Your work computer behaviour sounds more like the Windows + Tab keys are being pressed.

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  5. sefirosu Win User
    I don't think so. I'm not even joking. About 5 minutes ago, they started working as intended. I'll keep an eye on it. See if it does it again.

sefirosu, Mar 10, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    W10 works in mysterious ways!! *Smile

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen - Similar Threads - ALT+TAB Sits Screen

2. Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab Black Screen Glitch: After Alt Tabbing once, some games' gameplay region Goes Blacknot for some seconds, but permanently until i quit and restart the game, but the HUD is still visible, like the game isnt visible, i cant see whats happening in game, but still can see the Health Bar, Radar,...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  5. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  6. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  8. Black screen when ALT+TAB

Black screen when ALT+TAB: Hello, In the past I had a problem with my pc i guess. At first this didn't bother me that much, but when after a few weeks this started getting annoying. I got latest drivers and other latest updates on my pc. Its a laptop with- GTX 1660TI- i5-9300h- 16GB RAM 2667MHz-...
  9. Black screen when ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cold boot just sits at boot screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cold boot just sits at boot screen: This just started happening about a week ago, Clean installed last night. Happened again this morning. Turn computer on > Posts > Shows windows loading screen with the circle spinning, Just sits there indefiantly until I turn it off and back on again then it'll boot. Any...