Windows 10: ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Discus and support ALT + TAB Not switching on release in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xCustom17, Jul 6, 2017.

1. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

:)

xCustom17, Jul 6, 2017

2. How to setting alt+tab?

I opened 10 google chrome, and I want to switch one by one with alt+tab (without clicking taskbar icon)

First, I used alt+tab. then it's switched to the next google chrome.

but, when I used alt+tab again. it switched to the previous google chrome.

and it happen again and again.

if I want to switch to the next google chrome. I've to press alt+tab+tab, then alt+tab+tab+tab, and so on.

I want to switch to the next tab with just alt+tab, and without alt+tab+tab and so on.

how to change it?

VikiHermawan, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Switching between programs (alt-tab, win-tab)

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

To diagnose the issue in new user account, I would suggest you to try and recreate the issue in new user account and check if that helps.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Security, privacy & accounts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...b1&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

Also, I would suggest you to try and follow the steps in the link given below and check if it helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 6, 2017
Thema:

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

1. ALT + TAB Not switching on release - Similar Threads - ALT TAB switching

2. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  3. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab: I made a modifications to my Windows 10 to get the old behaviour of Alt+Tab image below, i.e., to show the application icons of the tasks being switched rather than previews of their windows. Recently, however, when I Alt+Tab, I see an unnamed task on the far left image...
  4. Unknown task when switching with Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Double alt+tab to switch to app correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double alt+tab to switch to app correctly.: Hello.Not so long ago I ran into a problem in windows 10. When switching between programs using alt + tab, the window to which I switch does not become active. I have to either do a second alt + tab, or click on this window so that it works and I can work in it.I did not...
  6. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...
  7. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore: Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else...
  8. Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again

Windows 10 Alt + Tab does not reset after releasing Alt and Tab and then pressing again: Repro: Alt + Tab Switch from current app to last used Release Alt and Tab Press Alt + Tab again Expected: Switch from current app to last used Actual: Switches from current app to second last used Workaround: Release Alt and Tab and wait a full second or two...
  9. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working: Hi All, I have what looks like a weird driver issue with my keyboard. Alt-tab switching intermittently stops working in Windows 10. Sometimes this happens after the computer wakes up from sleep, but sometimes simply after some time has passed. The keyboard keeps working...
  10. Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB": Hi ALL, I've been looking for the solution to my problem everywhere, but can't seem to find the correct search string to get to the root of the issue, so here it is: On my Asus ROG Rig there is always a windows splash logo declaring that the mode is Windows everytime i...