Windows 10: Alt+Tab not working at all

Discus and support Alt+Tab not working at all in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elberoftorou, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Alt+Tab not working at all

I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using"; changing it has no effect, nor does changing it back.

:)

elberoftorou, Sep 7, 2015

2. alt tab not working

Alt Tab

Selecting from the task bar

Opening a link from Outlook

Each of these should open edge (or switch to another application)

None of them works with any consistency.

It's making navigation between applications very cumbersome.

BlackStar269, Sep 7, 2015
  3. alt tab not working

Hi,

To isolate this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the same issue with other key shortcuts or only with the Alt + Tab shortcut key?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • When did this issue start to happen?
    • Have you recently installed new hardware or software?

To isolate your concern, kindly boot your computer to Safe and check if you will encounter the same issue. To perform Safe mode, follow the steps provided in this link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Alt+Tab not working at all

1. Alt+Tab not working at all - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab working

2. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  3. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  4. Why when I use alt + tab in GTA 5 my keyboard doesn't work correctly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I use alt + tab in GTA 5 my keyboard doesn't work correctly?: I can use alt+tab in everything but when I use alt+tab in GTA 5 keyboard doesn't work correctly for example when I press w on keyboard widget tab shows up and when I sleep or restart my PC everything works.Win11...
  5. Why when I use alt + tab in GTA 5 my keyboard doesn't work correctly?

Why when I use alt + tab in GTA 5 my keyboard doesn't work correctly?: I can use alt+tab in everything but when I use alt+tab in GTA 5 keyboard doesn't work correctly for example when I press w on keyboard widget tab shows up and when I sleep or restart my PC everything works.Win11...
  6. Alt + Tab keeps not working

Alt + Tab keeps not working: Alt + tab does nothing. I can get it to function for a little while by restarting the computer or Windows Explorer in Task Manager.I'm not really sure what else to try, I 'think' it's not a policy problem because it works for maybe half of an hour whenever I apply a fix, but...
  7. Alt + Tab keeps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab keeps not working: Alt + tab does nothing. I can get it to function for a little while by restarting the computer or Windows Explorer in Task Manager.I'm not really sure what else to try, I 'think' it's not a policy problem because it works for maybe half of an hour whenever I apply a fix, but...
  8. Alt Tab is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  9. Alt Tab is not working.

Alt Tab is not working.: I've been trying to use alt tab to switch specific screens, but instead, the screen just highlights different aspects of the web browser or program I'm using at the moment. I've already. I've already updated to the latest version of Windows. I've restarted my pc, unplugged...
  10. Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt-Tab and clicking on icon in taskbar not working as expected: Hi,For some reason, I'm seeing weird behavior with the taskbar and the Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut. I'm not sure what is causing it. Here are the symptoms:If I have more than one window open for an application, I cannot use the taskbar to go to one of the windows. I used to be...