Windows 10: Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update.

Discus and support Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I play games on an Asus laptop with only an NVIDIA 960M graphics card. I play some games at lower resolutions to keep up frames while gaming. Prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andyk516, Sep 25, 2016.

1. andyk516 Win User

Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update.

I play games on an Asus laptop with only an NVIDIA 960M graphics card. I play some games at lower resolutions to keep up frames while gaming. Prior to the update I could alt+tab out of the game and the desktop screen would return to 1920x1080 and tabbing back in would keep lower resolution I have set for the game. Now, when alt tabbing out of of lower resolution screen, Windows desktop reverts to the lower resolution I have set for the game (in-game resolution is 1280x720, as exclusive fullscreen). And when tabbing back into the game there are some video settings being used that are used for 'borderless window' instead of my setting of exclusive fullscreen.

:)

andyk516, Sep 25, 2016

2. Game Errors because can't press ALT+TAB

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will surely assist you to rectify the issue.

The “Alt+Tab” key is used to toggle between different programs as well as multiple Windows of same program. I suggest you to use “Alt+Enter”
    put the game into full screen.

As a work around, I suggest you to adjust the screen resolution for the game in compatible with the monitor resolution and restart the game and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2016
  3. I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc , because it causes freezing

So, I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc because it causes freezing. If i do any of those combinations - game just freezes forever (all those combination dont work if it freezes), until i hold power-off
    button. There would be no black screen, just a frozen game "screenshot". That means - I cant swich window while playing it by doing Alt+Tab or Win+Tab. Just Cause 2, for example, works great after i switch to browser by Alt+Tab and than back to the game.

Problem is not just in crashday, but in some other FullScreen games (and not only for me - for most people). Those apps are old and would not get updates. Is there any fix to that? (Windowed mode is not solution because my screen is too small to work in
    a window).

Also a malware could have done that so it should be fixed in windows

ИванНикишев, Sep 25, 2016
  4. andyk516 Win User

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

andyk516, Sep 26, 2016
  5. I have the exact same issue. You found a fix for it?

testest123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Alt+Tab screen resolution issues while gaming after latest update. - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab screen resolution

2. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I hold Alt+Tab, It shows a little preview, when I click on it it do nothing. Why this is showing here? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I...
  3. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  4. Alt+tab issue!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt+tab issue!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I've enabled Internet Download Manager to launch at startup. But when I holdAlt+Tab, It shows there. Why? It is running in background and system tray and why it is showing when I hold Alt+tab. Please tell me why and how to get rid of that....
  5. Alt Tab Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab Issue: Hi all Every day or so, when I use Alt Tab to flickbetween applications, the following happens: The whole Taskbar flashes Blue All Explorer windows close The only thing I can think of is: A while back I changed back to the old-style Alt + Tabusing: 1. open the...
  6. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  7. Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab issues and frame drops in-game: Recently I have built my own gaming pc, one easily capable of consistent 250+ frames on many of my favorite games. After attempting to use a dual-monitor set-up, on start-up, a noticeably long black screen appears where it never used to. This would clear after about 10...
  8. BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing: Hi guys, I'm playing Doom eternal at the moment, i haven't tried other games but i started getting bsod with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried to read it with windbg but it says " the parameter is incorrect" When i alt tab the system is slowing down - freezing and...
  9. Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever i alt-tab out of a game, it changes the resolution of windows to the resolution of...: I play CS:GO on 1440x1080 so when i alt-tab, windows becomes 1440x1080. Unless I close the game, it stays like that. this happens with other games as well. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/Hassman620 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 1803 Causes Black Screen while alt-tabbing/launching games: im playing Rainbow Six Sieges and alt tabbing it for a second. the game black screen, but i still hear the game running. and while launching PUBG Lite, the game black screen but when i hold alt tab (alt tab preview), i see the game is running. please help. all the updates...