Windows 10: alt-tab stopped working

Discus and support alt-tab stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpbarber, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mpbarber Win User

alt-tab stopped working

So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update?????????

Any help would be appreciated

:)

mpbarber, Aug 30, 2018
  2. spearman914 Win User

alt + tab not working

*Confused alt-tab stopped working :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Aug 30, 2018
  3. mrmojorizing Win User
    alt+tab stopped working

I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens when i press alt+tab to switch windows.

It just stopped working for some reason, and I don't know how to fix it. The individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

Just to be clear Alt+tab used to work for me -- it worked fine ever since I installed win 10, but now it doesn't even though the individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working?

Thanks.

mrmojorizing, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Polarman Win User

alt-tab stopped working

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

alt-tab stopped working

1. alt-tab stopped working - Similar Threads - alt tab stopped

2. Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.: When i try to use left alt+z to open nvidia in game control panel, it doesnt work. It doesn't work for other left alt combinations as well which I can't do using right alt. Only combination that works is alt+tab. That's why i think it's not keyboard issue, otherwise alt-tab...
  3. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  4. Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt Tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In Windows 7 and before Alt+Tab switched between applications. Now Alt+Tab flashes screen and stays on the app. Have to do Alt+Tab twice to change. 113483
  5. Slow alt-tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow alt-tab: Hello, I just uprgaded to W10 recently, and discovered very annoying problem. Since I work with modding some games, I have to alt-tab a lot, from full screen to desktop. In W7 it was taking like 1 second to alt-tab to deskop, but on W10 it is like 4-5 seconds, and I hate...
  6. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?: Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this? 26309
  7. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  8. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  9. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...