Windows 10: alt-tab stopped working

Discus and support alt-tab stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mpbarber, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mpbarber Win User

alt-tab stopped working

So my alt-tab function just stopped working. I've had this computer with Windows10 for over 3 years, bought it new with Windows 10. Worked fine until a few weeks ago... Windows update?????????

Any help would be appreciated

:)

mpbarber, Aug 30, 2018
  2. spearman914 Win User

alt + tab not working

*Confused alt-tab stopped working :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Aug 30, 2018
  3. mrmojorizing Win User
    alt+tab stopped working

I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens when i press alt+tab to switch windows.

It just stopped working for some reason, and I don't know how to fix it. The individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

Just to be clear Alt+tab used to work for me -- it worked fine ever since I installed win 10, but now it doesn't even though the individual alt and tab keys still work fine.

How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working?

Thanks.

mrmojorizing, Aug 30, 2018
  4. Polarman Win User

alt-tab stopped working

alt + tab not working

Alt-Tabbing in & out of games does not always work. It can also crash games in some cases.

Polarman, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

alt-tab stopped working

1. alt-tab stopped working - Similar Threads - alt tab stopped

2. Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-Tab is working, but other alt combinations not working.: When i try to use left alt+z to open nvidia in game control panel, it doesnt work. It doesn't work for other left alt combinations as well which I can't do using right alt. Only combination that works is alt+tab. That's why i think it's not keyboard issue, otherwise alt-tab...
  3. Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt tab doesn't work in Windows 10: In order to switch between apps in windows 10 you have to do a double alt+tab. Single Alt+tab takes you to the same app. WHAT CRAP is this. 113752
  4. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  5. Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab out of games my Start menu stops working?: Hello when ever I Alt-tab out of a full screen game my start menu stops working? Anyone else have this? 26309
  6. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  7. Alt+Tab not working at all

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alt+Tab not working at all: I can't get Alt+Tab to function. Win+Tab works fine, as does Left-Alt+Right-Alt+Tab. But I need Alt+Tab for a lot of the multi-tasking I do, and Win+Tab just doesn't cut it. I've checked in settings, and the Alt+Tab option in there is set to "Only the Desktop I'm Using";...
  8. alt+tab stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    alt+tab stopped working: I've always used alt+tab to switch between windows. For some reason it doesn't work anymore - nothing happens. The keys work individually. How do I fix this? Also, why did it stop working? Thanks. 70553
  9. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798
  10. ALT+TAB doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB doesn't work.: So, my alt tab does not really work. It temporarily freezes my computer and or/ becomes unresponsive for a short period of time. I alt tab and it shows the tabs that I can go into, but it stops from there. Then it proceeds to reload my desktop and task bar, and then the alt...