Windows 10: Alt+Tab/Taskbar preview are render really bad - No anti aliasing ?

Discus and support Alt+Tab/Taskbar preview are render really bad - No anti aliasing ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Is it just me or the previews thumbnails are really badly rendered, it's driving my eyes crazy when multitasking and it seems really heavy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zivo, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Zivo Win User

Alt+Tab/Taskbar preview are render really bad - No anti aliasing ?

Hi

Is it just me or the previews thumbnails are really badly rendered, it's driving my eyes crazy when multitasking
    and it seems really heavy and slow, why it is not anti aliasing?

is there a way to control it, i am sure in win 7 it was better In terms of performance and appearance

Any ideas?

:)

2. How can I force font anti-aliasing globally?

Is there anyone who knows how to make system render anti-aliased fonts? :smileysad:

khris---01, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Pixelated images in task switcher after update KB4016240

I just received the cumulative update KB4016240 which seems to work well so far. However, most window images shown in the task switcher (Alt+Tab) are no longer anti-aliased but pixelated. Images of Windows apps, like the calculator or the settings window
    seem to be an exception. They are still look smooth. Is there some kind of option to tweak this behavior or is it a bug?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Martin Gieseking, Jul 19, 2017
  4. technodos Win User

Could you take a picture of it?
    What resolution is your computer screen?
    What monitor are you using?
    If you are running anything to super-size your screen, turning it off will help.

This thread may also help:
    Blurred Icons! Solved - Windows 10 Forums

technodos, Jul 19, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Have you installed the Nvidia driver for the 750?

swarfega, Jul 19, 2017
  6. Zivo Win User
    Hi

Not running anything special
    1920x1200 native on Dell 2709 27"

I let windows install the drivers and i have the Nvidia control panel

attached screen shot

Alt+Tab/Taskbar preview are render really bad - No anti aliasing ? [​IMG]

7. technodos Win User
    technodos, Jul 19, 2017
  8. Zivo Win User

PNG screenshot

9. pepanee Win User
    It's the same thing with me. I'm assuming that's the way it was designed as.

pepanee, Jul 22, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Looks like @Zivo is using Task View while @pepanee is invoking Alt/Tab

Edwin, Jul 22, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    I just tried Task View and it shows it exactly the same as my Alt+Tab... hence they were both designed bad, I guess.

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Alt+Tab/Taskbar preview are render really bad - No anti aliasing ? - Similar Threads - Alt+Tab Taskbar preview

2. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  3. Taskbar disappearing when alt tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar disappearing when alt tab: Whenever I alt tab, my taskbar disappears. Below is a screenshot of google, then world of warcraft replacing the taskbar. This happens with discord and other games too....
  4. Here is a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here is a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip: Use Ctrl+Alt+Tab and the Alt+Tab 'window' will stay on the screen without holding the keys. Hit Esc to close it Credit to Jen for this one. Thanks, Jen.Cheers,Drew...
  5. Here is a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip

Here is a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip: Use Ctrl+Alt+Tab and the Alt+Tab 'window' will stay on the screen without holding the keys. Hit Esc to close it Credit to Jen for this one. Thanks, Jen.Cheers,Drew...
  6. Here... a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here... a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip: Use Ctrl+Alt+Tab and the Alt+Tab 'window' will stay on the screen without holding the keys. Hit Esc to close it Credit to Jen for this one. Thanks, Jen.Cheers,Drew...
  7. Here... a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip

Here... a REALLY cool Alt+Tab tip: Use Ctrl+Alt+Tab and the Alt+Tab 'window' will stay on the screen without holding the keys. Hit Esc to close it Credit to Jen for this one. Thanks, Jen.Cheers,Drew...
  8. Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off: I was drawing by my PC and my sketch pad slapped my keyboard then suddenly all text got super pixelated, when I move around my program windows it shows a highlight of where it will be instead of real time and my task bar just pops up without a smooth animation. I need help I...
  9. Windows has broken anti aliasing in some form severely affecting transparency rendering or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has broken anti aliasing in some form severely affecting transparency rendering or...: I7700k Gtx 1080 driver 25.21.14.1634 Windows 10 1803 Samsung odyssey, Oculus rift (both show the same effect A while back i started to get this jagged edge/shimmer issue after a reinstall . Ive reinstalled lots of different windows and driver versions. Hw changes....
  10. Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar glitches when alt-tabbing: While this isn't a serious problem, it's definitely a hell of an annoyance. When I alt-tab from several full-screen games, such as League of Legends, this is the result, sometimes it differs. In the image below, you can clearly see that something's wrong with the taskbar. I...