Windows 10: alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

Discus and support alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by runeguy27, Jul 30, 2015.

1. runeguy27 Win User

alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my desktop appears as a option in my alt tab windows?

:)

runeguy27, Jul 30, 2015

2. Can't switch windows manually or with Alt + Tab- issue won't go away

Hi,

To help you with your issue about not being able to switch windows manually or with Alt + Tab, please refer to the helpful post of Bahubali by clicking this link:

Alt-Tab in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Viseran Win User
    Alt-tab issue in Windows 10

With every other version of windows alt-tab would either bring you to the desktop OR cycle between open apps. Windows 8 / 8.1 gave you the option to alt-tab cycle to the desktop or click the desktop. There is no such option that I can see in Windows 10
    when alt-tabbing to go straight to desktop. It only gives you the option to switch between running apps. So if you are wanting to go to the desktop to OPEN another app ( Wanting to go to the desktop to open a browser WHILE you are playing a game for example
    ) you can't. I can't even click on my start bar as I have it hidden. Am I missing something, or was this just an oversight on Windows 10? Thanks!

Viseran, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

1. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop - Similar Threads - alt tab desktop

2. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  3. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  4. Windows 10 alt tab

Windows 10 alt tab: How can I change tabs in windows 10 like I used to do it in windows 7. I used to do as following but its not working in windows 10. https://youtu.be/izAELokY6G8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alt-tab/9a672385-5e8c-4e5f-bfad-d63eda2c4116
  5. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: My Alt + Tab has suddenly become noticeably slower compared to before. I have turned off Focus Assist as commonly advised by most articles on the internet regarding Alt + Tab lag in Windows 10 yet it still has not fixed the issue. I did notice that this began after having...
  6. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?: I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled. Win + D...
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  9. Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10: How to: Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10 How to Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798