Windows 10: Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

Discus and support Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shparmy, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Shparmy Win User

Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read slightly to the left of where it actually is on the screen. What I've noticed when I alt-tab is that all my maximized windows on the desktop are also shrunk about as much as my cursor is off while in game.

System Spec

Computer typeAlt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor :pC/Desktop
    CPU:AMD FX 6300 6core
    Motherboard:MSI 970 Gaming
    Memory:8G
    Graphics Card(s):AMD Radeon 7700

I am also using the AMD Catalyst Control Center program to make my desktop fit on screen, as I'm using a 32inch Samsung flat screen as my monitor at the moment. Resolution set at 1920x1080.

If you need any other information at all, I'll try my best to get it to you. Hopefully someone has an answer or at least an explanation!

:)

Shparmy, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Austin.L Win User

Issues with brightness and mouse

Original title: Alt+Tab ignores fullscreen?

I have been using windows 10 since I got this new computer and it has worked perfectly fine. Until the anniversary update recently. I play games in fullscreen and I usually alt+tab pretty often to look at other things in chrome and such. It was always a
    slow alt+tab on a black screen like it should be, but now it is an instant alt+tab like my game isn't fullscreen. This sounds great, sure, but it causes a lot of problems with things now.

My first problem is that some games I play have the brightness / gamma raised in game so I can see better. When I alt+tab the brightness carries over to my desktop which makes it very bright on my eyes. When I then alt+tab back in the game it removes the
    brightness setting completely in game which I then have to reset back to what it was. This happens every time I alt+tab, which is often.

My second issue is mouse delay. Fullscreen doesn't cause mouse delay (not sure the reason behind it, but it doesn't). But now, since it doesn't seem to think my game is in fullscreen anymore I have a lot of mouse delay as if I am in windowed borderless mode.
    I've tried changing my settings off and back on to fullscreen and such but it does not fix it.

Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: It is also not just one game, it is every game / every program.

Austin.L, Aug 16, 2015
  3. I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc , because it causes freezing

So, I have a game (CrashDay redline), and i can't Alt+Tab, alt+F4, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Ctrl+Shift+Esc because it causes freezing. If i do any of those combinations - game just freezes forever (all those combination dont work if it freezes), until i hold power-off
    button. There would be no black screen, just a frozen game "screenshot". That means - I cant swich window while playing it by doing Alt+Tab or Win+Tab. Just Cause 2, for example, works great after i switch to browser by Alt+Tab and than back to the game.

Problem is not just in crashday, but in some other FullScreen games (and not only for me - for most people). Those apps are old and would not get updates. Is there any fix to that? (Windowed mode is not solution because my screen is too small to work in
    a window).

Also a malware could have done that so it should be fixed in windows

ИванНикишев, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

1. Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor - Similar Threads - Alt Tabbing Fullscreened

2. Fullscreen games do not respond after ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen games do not respond after ALT + TAB: After reinstalling Windows 10, I started seeing this problem. All my games have the problem of being labeled as "Not responding" and not allowing to maximize them after being minimized, after trying for about 30 seconds clicking on their icon in the task bar and using alt +...
  3. Fullscreen games do not respond after ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen games do not respond after ALT + TAB: After reinstalling Windows 10, I started seeing this problem. All my games have the problem of being labeled as "Not responding" and not allowing to maximize them after being minimized, after trying for about 30 seconds clicking on their icon in the task bar and using alt +...
  4. WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games: Hello, I recently installed Windows 11 and noticed an issue that's a bit bothersome. Back in Windows 10, whenever I'd load up a game and tab out of it, the game would "minimize". However, now with Windows 11, when I tab out, the game continues to run in the background of...
  5. WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 11 Alt+Tab/Fullscreen Issues with Games: Hello, I recently installed Windows 11 and noticed an issue that's a bit bothersome. Back in Windows 10, whenever I'd load up a game and tab out of it, the game would "minimize". However, now with Windows 11, when I tab out, the game continues to run in the background of...
  6. Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt + tab fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  7. Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt + tab into fullscreen behaviour: Hi there,Alt tabbing out of a full screen application media player into something windowed loses focus, e.g. alt tabbing from a fullscreen media player into a web browser or Windows Explorer means that keyboard shortcuts won't work until I actually click the window to focus...
  8. Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Edge, fullscreen videos and Alt-Tab: Well met. When I play a video in fullscreen with any browser and I alt tab to a window, the video remains in fullscreen behind the new window, so if the window is small I can still see most of the video while attending to the other windows. In Edge, when I Alt-Tab, the...
  9. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...
  10. Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game: Evening all, As of just recently I had to install a fresh windows 10 OS on my alienware aurora R4 due to freezing issues. I had to install windows 8.1 provided with the pc when it was purchaed then upgrade to windows 10 because I couldn't get windows 10 onto a USB for a...