Windows 10: Alternative App TO HWINFO Re: Device Reliability Degraded

Discus and support Alternative App TO HWINFO Re: Device Reliability Degraded in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am looking for an app not unlike HWINFO that will test for Device Reliability Degradation. HWINFO gave a RED flag and I want to see if another app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Alternative App TO HWINFO Re: Device Reliability Degraded

I am looking for an app not unlike HWINFO that will test for Device Reliability Degradation. HWINFO gave a RED flag and I want to see if another app that tests for this returns the same info.

Cam across this one but I can not tell what it does exactly.

Diskovery | The data storage inspection tool

This one looks awesome but it made me dizzy trying to figure out what it does and whether or not it will test for Device Reliability Degradation. If anyone is familiar with this one would you happen to know the cmd prompt that would test for what I am looking for.

smartmontools

Another one I came across is PassMark DiskCheckup. Anyone familiar with this one?

PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility

Win 10 Pro. SSD (NVME)

Thanks

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 6, 2018

2. I dont know what my video card is. Can anyone help me?

Might try GPU-Z or HWInfo

leopard_jumps, Mar 6, 2018
  3. mvan---01 Win User
    m4b to Nokia phone (aac)

An m4b file is an audiobook file protected with apple's digital rights management so cannnot be played using a non-apple device. There are third party apps that claim to decode these files but these break any terms & conditions under which you purchased
    the file. The alternative is to burn a CD with the file and re-import it back to a Nokia supported format, this usually degrades the audio but as its an audio book then unlikely to matter.

in summary,

aac - unlocked audio file (can be played on Nokia)

m4a - aac audio (unlocked, although some Nokia phones cannot read the file correctly if purchased from itunes, some SE phones can)

m4b - aac audiobook (locked)

m4p - purchased audio file (locked)

mvan---01, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

Alternative App TO HWINFO Re: Device Reliability Degraded

1. Alternative App TO HWINFO Re: Device Reliability Degraded - Similar Threads - Alternative App HWINFO

2. Hard drive reliability is degraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive reliability is degraded: Recently, upon startup of my omen-n0xxx laptop it says i have a disk error, and when i look into it farther it says my disk has 100% remaining life. This error came up over 2 months ago. Recently however, my games have ended up crashing my laptop sometimes. even one time upon...
  3. Hard drive reliability is degraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive reliability is degraded: Recently, upon startup of my omen-n0xxx laptop it says i have a disk error, and when i look into it farther it says my disk has 100% remaining life. This error came up over 2 months ago. Recently however, my games have ended up crashing my laptop sometimes. even one time upon...
  4. Alternatives To Encryption Re: Prying Eyes

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternatives To Encryption Re: Prying Eyes: After some consideration and practicing on (slow) 16GB USB flash drives I believe I have abandoned my idea to use VeraCrypt on Western Digital 12 and 14TB external USB drives. I have come to the conclusion that encryption is not really designed for drives this large using FDE...
  5. HWiNFO 6.30

HWiNFO 6.30: New HWiNFO 6.30 now has Dark mode support for Windows 10 Download HWiNFO 6.30 [img] [img] 163446
  6. Using HWINFO

Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  7. Using HWINFO

in Windows 10 Support
    Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  8. Apps & Reliability (or lack of)

Apps & Reliability (or lack of): Hi, This is addressed more to Microsoft than the Forum at large: My Reliability Monitor would be running at 10 most if not all of the time if it weren't for those terrible Apps. It makes the Reliability Monitor look like a Snakes & Ladders Board with a preponderance of...
  9. Hwinfo

Hwinfo: I use hwinfo to control fan speed, it works really well when you set the auto boot option in settings. The problem is that when the pc returns from sleep it forgets the fam settings and returns to default settings. I have just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this...
  10. Executing a shutdown in HWinfo

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a shutdown in HWinfo: Is there a simple command I can use to shut down my PC in the HWinfo64 monitoring tool? It lets you program it to execute a program if a certain parameter is met. I want to tell it to shut down the PC if the CPU temp hits a certain max temp, just as a precaution, like...