Windows 10: Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images

Discus and support Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; You can’t convert an audio bin/cue into an iso. You lose the track information on the cue sheet and it is no longer recognized as an audio CD. The file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by qcksilver, Aug 11, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images

Hi there @CaptainKoloth

do you have access to the original physical disc.

Linux solution (as often is the case) works two programs bchunk and bin2iso.

bchunk -s -w IMAGE.bin IMAGE.cue IMAGE

This will create WAV files for each audio track, e.g.:
    IMAGE001.wav
    IMAGE002.wav

Then you should be in business.

note you will need the -s parameter (endian) or the byte order might be wrong - you have to try it on your own systems. If the byte order is wrong you'll hear a load of static and hissing. !!!!

POWERISO (commercial also works and is probably more robust). Also a Windows product.

Another method using Imageburn

First use imgburner software which will make two different ISOs of bin and cue files. Then extract both the ISOs in one folder using Winrar.

Then one bin file will be created merged with cue file and after all convert the bin to ISO using the tool bin2iso.
    You'll have to have a Linux system to do this though.

cdimage (another Linux tool ) might also work -- I'll have a go with a .cue + bin file -- seems though a hideous way to rip audio CD's. can't see what's wrong with the standard track1.cda etc etc then can be handled perfectly easily

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 3, 2018

2. You may use an older (better and safer) version of Daemon Tools, but installation in Win10 version 1709 is a little bit complicated:

1. Download file DT_Install.zip and unzip it (password: dt)
    2. Rename downloaded file DTLite4471-0333.exe to dtinst.exe
    3. Set its Compatibility level to Windows 7

Usually, steps 2 and 3 are sufficient for installing apps blocked by Windows 10, but not in this case; if you run dtinst now, you still get the bloody "This app can't run on this pc" dialog. So you need to replace some database files with older ones (from version 1511):

4. On folder C:\Windows\apppatch go to Properties - Security - Advanced; set Administrators as Owner; it is necessary to enable checkbox Replace on Subcontainers and Objects too
    5. On every *.sdb file inside the apppatch folder, set Full Control permissions for Administrators
    6. Rename *.sdb files to *.bad
    7. Copy downloaded *.sdb files to the apppatch folder.

Now you can finally run dtinst and successfully install good old Daemon Tools (without sptd, skip both the MountSpace and WebCompanion options). Of course, they mount & play CloneCD & ImgBurn images of CD-DA disks and they run without any problems.

As always, many curses sent to Redmond.

muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images

1. Alternative to Daemon Tools Lite to mount Audio Cue/Bin CD images - Similar Threads - Alternative Daemon Tools

2. Why is Daemon tools lite telling me my fresh download of win 10 is not supported. File...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Daemon tools lite telling me my fresh download of win 10 is not supported. File...: I logged in to my visual studio subscriptions. Page and viewed my download options. As far as copies of Windows 10 were concerned and I found a download for windows ten, version 2 0 0 4 -20h2, 21h1, 21H2, and 22H2 language packs updated May 2020. For the X64 architecture and...
  3. Mount bins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount bins: Is the application magicdisc safe for mounting bins? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mount-bins/efe3d79a-0fe2-4b68-9ec4-cad810ecd2be
  4. Mount bins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mount bins: Is the application magicdisc safe for mounting bins? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mount-bins/efe3d79a-0fe2-4b68-9ec4-cad810ecd2be
  5. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?: Hello! The day before yesterday, I discovered that when mounting a 20 GB ISO file downloaded from the Internet using Daemon Tools Lite, I was losing space on the C drive somewhere. I have Windows 10 21H2. Now I have 110 GB free, before that I had 115-120 GB free. I have...
  6. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?: Hello! The day before yesterday, I discovered that when mounting a 20 GB ISO file downloaded from the Internet using Daemon Tools Lite, I was losing space on the C drive somewhere. I have Windows 10 21H2. Now I have 110 GB free, before that I had 115-120 GB free. I have...
  7. Why does my C drive space decrease when I mount an ISO image via Daemon Tools Lite?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images

Daemon Tools Pro won't start or mount images: Like title says, for some reason Daemon Tools Pro (latest build 8.3.0) won't launch or mount images anymore. When I double click the application shortcut or images to mount (they're associated to open with DT), the loading cursor appears for a split second but nothing...
  9. Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Problem trying to mount image file (iso) from an audio CD.: The thing is that since a few days ago, I can't mount any iso file which was made from a music CD. I can mount any other iso files (video DVDs, software), but music cds. This is what happens: [img] That's the message I'm getting, but the image is ok as long as I...
  10. CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file

CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file: Hi there This old program still works in W10. If you want to convert a load of tracks to a single audio file or you have a .cue file with say .ape / .mp3 or whatever and you want to convert it back into Tracks again then this program CUETOOLS works a treat. Free...