Windows 10: Alternative to Dropbox

Discus and support Alternative to Dropbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I've been using Dropbox for the past few weeks. It is great but 2GB of storage is nowhere near enough. Before that, I was using Mediafire, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IronVeil, Sep 1, 2018.

1. IronVeil Win User

Alternative to Dropbox

Hi.
    I've been using Dropbox for the past few weeks. It is great but 2GB of storage is nowhere near enough. Before that, I was using Mediafire, but it was laggy, slow at updating and didn't have a desktop app.
    Basically, I'm looking for a free cloud storage, which you can change real time and with decent storage. Is this too much? Of not, suggest an alternate solution

IronVeil, Sep 1, 2018

2. Deleting Dropbox

Hello Donna,

As you are issue is concerned to deleting the Dropbox, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Are you referring to Dropbox icon/ application on Windows 10?

If you are referring to Dropbox app on your device, try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the Dropbox is preloaded on your desktop:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select Get Dropbox or Dropbox X GB from the application list, where "X" is the amount of space corresponding to your promotion.
    • Click Uninstall.

Step 2: If the Dropbox is a desktop app follow:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
    • Select Dropboxfrom the list of programs, and click Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Provide us additional information if you are still facing the issues with deleting the Dropbox program on your device.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    New Dropbox folder

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with?
    If you are facing any issues with Dropbox, I suggest you to post the query on Dropbox forums for further assistance.

Refer to the below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/help

For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Alternative to Dropbox

DropBox Alternative for Win10

Good day all,

I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any hassle and I'm very happy about that. There's one issue I've run in to and I could use some expert advice.

I run a freelance design business from home. I'm trying to use my Surface Book for this purpose while my custom PC is built. For years I've been using DropBox as my remote sharing/syncing across all my macs when I'm in and out of the office. I've really begun to hate DropBox for a couple reasons. As of right now, as I work solely off of my Surface Book, which only has 128GB HDD, I'm struggling with space. So I've decided to use Selective Sync to only keep the files I NEED on my Surface so I can work.

In my workflow, I usually need to edit or duplicate an older design file with a new/current offer. To find an older PSD file in DropBox via the web interface is SO PAINFUL and frustrating - I some times want to cut myself Alternative to Dropbox :)

I need to find another cloud system that allows me to search all my cloud files with large previews/thumbnails and then either download it to my computer to edit/duplicate or a way that it will allow me to edit it as a cache and then sync it back up to the server upon save. I rather not have to download the file and take up space... because then I have to add another step in my workflow and empty my downloads and trash every time to keep the freed space available.

The ideal system would allow me to view ALL cloud files in previews/thumbs and then decide how to move forward with the file without having to house them all on my hard drive.

I welcome any and all suggestions, including my OWN cloud storage solution (open source or other) if an existing isn't available.

Thank you so much for your time.

Suzy

suzysparklez, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

Alternative to Dropbox

1. Alternative to Dropbox - Similar Threads - Alternative Dropbox

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  5. Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?

Has anyone else considered just using linux a mincrosoft alternative?: Linux is an amazing open source operating system and with more people migrating from microsoft to linux the linux apps and softwares will grow and we can leave microsofts **** **** behind....
  6. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  7. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop: I'm trying to find out if there is an alternative wireless adapter that can successfully replace my Qualcomm Atheros wireless adapter in my old Acer laptop. They stopped making updates for this driver in 2016. I've been to the Qualcomm website and they have removed the old...
  8. Need alternative wireless adapter options for my old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to the alternating scenery photos for the lockscreen?: I noticed a few days ago that the lock screen on my laptop no longer has alternating beautiful scenery images, but it's now old-school Microsoft-looking backgrounds. Is this happening to everyone since the update? Also, there were options to like or dislike the photos and...
  10. DropBox Alternative for Win10

DropBox Alternative for Win10: Good day all, I'm transitioning my life and work from a Mac ecosystem to Windows. I've successfully transitioned most of my life over without any hassle and I'm very happy about that. There's one issue I've run in to and I could use some expert advice. I run a freelance...