Windows 10: Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End

Discus and support Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a paid host for my three wordpress.org blogs but uploading themes is a hassle. If I use my host's file manager to manage my files, which I do, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abecharles, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End

I use a paid host for my three wordpress.org blogs but uploading themes is a hassle. If I use my host's file manager to manage my files, which I do, I can move files, including themes and plugins from one folder or blog installation to another but I cannot copy across instantaneously.

Is there any free tool that I can use to copy my themes from one blog themes folder to another blog's theme's folder on the same hosting account?

I understand the software doesn't have to make my upload. The files would just copy across as directed by me. Is there a free tool, preferably web based to allow me to do this or am I stuck without uploading 200 themes to each blog using FTP tools like Filezilla from my home PC?

I don't want to use Manage WP as it is premium and I haven't been able to successfully done this with the trial unless I am doing something wrong. Please assist.

:)

abecharles, Nov 21, 2014
  2. ivicha Win User

Nokia 5530 installation problem

I upload the apps to a file hosting site (this is from my email provider) and then I download them on the phone (I don't have a cable in the offise, so I use wi-fi comming from somewhere Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End :) )

And there is another problem. When I try to copy or move to folder a file from the file manager, it just closes and I end looking at the home screen Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End :(

ivicha, Nov 21, 2014
  3. Sirch20XE Win User
    File picker ui host

Why does the file picker ui host show up on the Task Manager. I have many of them? Should I end task on each?

Sirch20XE, Nov 21, 2014
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End

Hi there
    surely any decent FTP program should be able to copy from one part to another on your hosting site.

This FREE one works brilliantly. Just adjust the Local and Remote addresses to the file directories on your hosting site. (Ensure Read and Write access of course).

WS_FTP LE | Free FTP Client from Ipswitch File Transfer

If that link doesn't work properly this one does

WS_FTP LE - FTP client

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 24, 2014
Thema:

Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End

1. Alternative to Hosting Provider's File Manager Back End - Similar Threads - Alternative Hosting Provider's

2. Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager: One of the WMI Provider hosts uses low CPU usage, however, a second one uses almost 30-20% of my CPU, and oddly drops in usage when I open task manager. I'm wondering why....
  3. Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager: One of the WMI Provider hosts uses low CPU usage, however, a second one uses almost 30-20% of my CPU, and oddly drops in usage when I open task manager. I'm wondering why....
  4. WMI Provider Host Issue

WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  5. WMI Provider Host Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider Host Issue: So ever since last year, the task: "WMI Provider Host" has been using up to 30% of my CPU. For a while I thought it wasn't a big issue until I started playing more resource expensive games. I have looked through tutorials, and found out this weird "teleporting" task that...
  6. Bluetooth Management alternative

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Management alternative: I hope this is the right place for this, not sure where else to post. I'm looking for an alternative to the built-in Bluetooth management options available in Win10, maybe some simple software solution or app. I have a number of BT devices (mouse, headset, keyboard, etc.)...
  7. windows encryption provider host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows encryption provider host: I can't start the Windows Encryption Provider Host. When I try I get error 1064. Windows couldn't start on local computer. Does anyone have any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-encryption-provider-host/4c36d7ec-20fa-4d18-a223-aac78966b332
  8. WMI Provider Host Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Provider Host Problem: Task Manager: https://imgur.com/a/vSdyVXf Event Viewer: https://imgur.com/a/UiJ5fZ3 I've looked through the Event Viewer WMI activity and there are loads of errors, some of which don't show up in Task Manager Services. My Surface Pro 2017 has been running like this for...
  9. Clover File Manager Alternative

Clover File Manager Alternative: Hello I have been using a File Manager called Clover here: Clover Brings Chrome-Style Tabs to Windows Explorer. | 易捷科技 EJIE Technology It is a simple program in that it has Tabs & you can add favorite folders to an access bar at the top. It worked OK in Windows 8.1,...
  10. WMI Provider Host

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WMI Provider Host: Why is this process taking up 4-7% of my CPU? I know what is does, but is it normal for it to use that much power (%)? This has not been a problem before. Only a few weeks ago, it was only on 1% or less. Will disabling this process do any harm to my system? 83129