Windows 10: Alternative way to launch Task View ?

Discus and support Alternative way to launch Task View ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pureby, Aug 25, 2015.

1. pureby Win User

Alternative way to launch Task View ?

Hello everyone!

I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible.

I was wondering if there is any alternative way to launch Task View, for instance:

• a cmd command to launch Task View?
    • an executable for Task View somewhere inside the system32 folder or something, which I can create a manual shortcut to
    • maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?
    Big thanks in advance, all the ideas are appreciated!

* I use SetPoint 6.32 for compatibility reasons, upgrading SetPoint to a new version (which supports Task View out of the box) is not an option because my mouse stops working properly.

:)

pureby, Aug 25, 2015
  2. ajmch Win User

Windows 10 PC Running Very Slow....Suddenly

I now take my older Asus laptop, just as it is, with all third-party stuff. Launch Task Manager, detailled view with processes. Launch Chrome, OK. Launch Firefox, OK. Launch Edge, OK. Launch Internet Explorer, OK. No problem at all.

Windows 10 Family 64 1709 16299.192

Intel i7 4710HQ

This would suggest that there is something wrong in Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL.

Is there a way to downgrade without resetting the system?

ajmch, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Alternative Way ?

There are 2 ways to update your phone's firmware.

Do it from your phone without the need of a computer (over the air).

And to install it from your computer into your device.

leonwu2705, Aug 25, 2015
  4. pureby Win User

Please read the question before posting an answer.

pureby, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    What can I say. I am an idiot.

Snakeyes, Aug 25, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Isn't clicking on the task view icon on the taskbar quick enough for you?

There maybe 3rd party software that enables you to do what you want.

swarfega, Aug 25, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Aug 25, 2015
  8. pureby Win User

Thanks, I will take a look into got it working with AHK using this simple script:
    Code: ^!t::Send #{tab}[/quote] (Ctrl+Alt+T sends out WinKey+Tab).

However I'd much rather do this this with a simple shortcut or a .bat file, if possible.
    I mean, it should be possible, right? It's just some process getting fired up within the Explorer.

pureby, Aug 25, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Since there's no executable version of Task view, therefore you cannot create a shortcut/Bat. I suspect it is a COM Object and can be accessed using its CLSID with explorer. Unfortunately, it is a new feature and we don't have any info on its CLSID.

EDIT: At least you got it working until we find a better way. Autohotkey is light and takes only 1.9MB and does not take any resource

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2015
  10. pureby Win User
    Yes, I got it all covered for now with AHK. Thanks for your suggestion and info!

pureby, Aug 25, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    If you download and install 'Logitech Options', your Alt/Tab mouse button will show Task View.
    Logitech Support

Edwin, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    With Logitech's new support for Windows 10, an Alt/Tab capable mouse will open Task View.

Alternative way to launch Task View ? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 26, 2015
  13. Alternative way to launch Task View ?

I realize this is years later, but wanted to share *Smile

This will map your middle mouse button to run task view:

MButton::Send {LWin down}{Tab}{LWin up}

truepudding, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Alternative way to launch Task View ? - Similar Threads - Alternative launch Task

2. Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?: Any setting or app I can download that'll let me do this? submitted by /u/Mayheme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfgbbq/is_there_a_way_to_move_windows_between_monitors/
  3. task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view: How to disable photo app in the task view windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/b9b37d91-287b-49c4-b917-ae2d18c4a519
  4. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  5. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  6. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  7. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  8. installing games - alternative ways?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing games - alternative ways?: hello, I have 1tb hard disk drive that is currently on 98% almost full and I there are more games that I still want to install *Sad problem is Im too broke to buy new HDD, I wanna know if theres an alternative way to install my games? for example: A - i want to install...
  9. Alternative way to boot to CD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alternative way to boot to CD?: My Asus mobo has very unresponsive firmware. It takes next to forever for the first menu to appear, and what's more, it periodically forgets its settings and reverts to default. So, this morning my Windows boot got borked, and I wanted to run a live CD in order to fix it or...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639