Windows 10: Always close all tabs not working

Discus and support Always close all tabs not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up. I tick the box every time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tinmar49, Mar 24, 2017.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Always close all tabs not working

I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up.
    I tick the box every time and close the browser, but get asked the same question every time. When I close with the top right hand X, I expect the damn thing to close instantly.
    Any thoughts?

:)

tinmar49, Mar 24, 2017

2. Always close all tabs??

Hello all,

many thanks it did the trick for me!

It may be useful to mention that the registry key related to this registry value "AskToCloseAllTabs" is the following: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main.

Just to make sure one does hit the right value.

Thanks again.

Cheers from France

Peter_Pan_7, Mar 24, 2017
  3. RFsmith7 Win User
    Always close all tabs??

When you hit the X button on IE with multiple tabs open, you get up a dialog box that asks you whether you want to "close all tabs" or "close current tab". With Edge your options are just "close all tabs" or "cancel". That's a change.

RFsmith7, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Always close all tabs not working

Caledon Ken, Mar 25, 2017
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Thanks Caledon Ken, it is the option 1 that does not work, I tick the box every time, but Windows forgets every time.
    I haven't tried option 2 yet.

tinmar49, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Always close all tabs not working

1. Always close all tabs not working - Similar Threads - Always close tabs

2. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  3. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tabs always closing: Heyi recently changed my mother board and cant use a product key so i tried to use the troubleshoot feature and click on "i changed hardware on this device recently" then the Microsoft account tabs opens quick and instantly closes itself. the same happens when i click on get...
  4. Microsoft tabs always closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs: In Internet Explorer it allows you to access your setting to allow it to prompt you when closing out, if you want to close all tabs or current tab. how do you enable that in Microsoft edge?...
  6. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  7. "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? "

"Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? ": loading new edge has lost the "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? " box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-close-all-tabs-or-the-current-tab/1b31eb7f-452a-4cc9-834a-353e03671280
  8. Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs

Unable to turn off Always Close All Tabs: Whenever I close multiple tabs in Edge I get the following, standard prompt [ATTACH] However, despite me selecting Always close all tabs, the next time I close mutpile tabs I get this prompt. I've gone to [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local...
  9. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge always close all tabs not working

2. always close all tabs not working

3. asktoclosealltabs key doesnt remain

4. edge close all tabs not working,
  5. windows phone always close all tabs,
  6. close all tabsnot working Windows 10 1903,
  7. edge always close all tabs does not work,
  8. edge always close all tabs notworking ,
  9. AskToCloseAllTabs,
  10. Always close all tabs,
  11. why does it not always close all tabs,