Windows 10: Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon

Discus and support Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot remove external USB drives using the "Safely remove" icon, [img] this error message appears: [img] Saying the device cannot be removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bingus, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon

I cannot remove external USB drives using the "Safely remove" icon,

Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon [​IMG]

this error message appears:

Saying the device cannot be removed because of an "unknown error". This message declares an (cannot be stopped because of an) "unknown error", it does not state that there are processes accessing the drive.

I never can find processes accessing that drive.

All of my HDDs cannot be safely removed, WD MyBook, WD Elements, CnMemory, etc.

I have tried this without success: ://knowledge.seagate.com/articl...S&key=ka030000000tiGyAAI&kb=n&wwwlocale=en-us:

Step 2 does not seem to work, I have set the bin to "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin", respectively "remove files instantly", but it does not help:

Properties of the recycle bin:

Step 5: In Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, please follow these directions:

Right-click on (My) Computer.
    Select Manage.
    Select Device Manager.
    Open Disk Drives.
    Double-click on the hard drive's model number.
    Go to the Policies tab.
    Check whether the drive is set to Optimize for Quick Removal.

If so, the hard drive does not need to be Safely Removed manually from the system.
    Click to expand...I have left the default settings for all of my drives, "Optimize for Quick Removal" (properties of Seagete Expansion):

Does this also apply to Win 10? And is it really correct? I have learned a drive / hdd must not be removed under any circumstances without the "safely remove" option. The MFT or anything other might get corrupted.

This way there is only a slim chance that the partition will be corrupted by a removal.That does not sound very trustfully, actually I would not have a slim chance of data corruption.

And what does that mean:
    Please remember that you would be very unwise to put yourself in a situation where that is a concern for you. If this drive were to experience a sudden mechanical or electronic failure or if it should fall, or if the drive's partition should become corrupted, your data could be lost and data recovery is very expensive. Remember that this is a backup drive, and a backup is defined as "a second copy of data in a second storage media".
    Whether on a second external hard drive, a CD or DVD, an internal hard drive, a network hard drive, or tape, make a 2nd copy of your data today and keep it.
    If not, please continue.What drive is a back up drive? My drive isn't one.

After the error message - the drive cannot be removed or something like that - occurs I try to find out which process accesses the drive with "Unlocker" but there is no process shown:

I do not use Media Player, Media Center, the indexing is shown to be finished.

So it appears there is no step left. Is there anything else I could do?

1. Download a free utility from a third-party Web site at the following address:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html

2. Click Find, Find Handle or DLL in the tool menu.

• Type the drive letter of the USB device in the Handle or DLL substring textbox, and press Search Button.
    • Find the process and its PID in the following box.
    • In system process tree view, find the process according to the Find Handle or DLL dialog box.
    • Press Ctrl + H to show Handles in Lower Pane View.
    • Find the File according with the drive letter , and right click it, choose Close Handle.
    Click to expand...I did that (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555665), the search obviously stopped at 100.000 lines:

And if a process were found it would be shown underneath C:, I guess, but there is not any line containing R:

What could I do to make it work?

:)

Bingus, Feb 24, 2016
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Feb 24, 2016
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

Thema:

Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon

1. Always error Message when clicking "Savely remove" icon - Similar Threads - Always error Message

2. error message always

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message always: i couldnt update windows.using windows 10,shows as updates available.when i try to download it shows as error 0x80070008. i have sufficient memory,antivirus disabled.trie to instal media creation tool but none of th methods are worked. could you please suggest a...
  3. How to remove error message when installing apps.

How to remove error message when installing apps.: Occasionally, not always, when I try to install a new app I receive an error message stating that the installation can not be completed because another installation is in progress. In fact, there is no other installation in progress and if I try the install later or after...
  4. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  5. exe files with a generic icon + error when clicked on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe files with a generic icon + error when clicked on: Hi I'm installing a new computer/Windows 10 pro and I have a weird behavior. What can cause the problem in the attached? It seems that extracting (winrar) the files into the downloads/desktop folder is causing this. If I extract the file into c:\portables\ folder (for...
  6. exe files with a generic icon + error when clicked on

in Windows 10 Support
    exe files with a generic icon + error when clicked on: Hi I'm installing a new computer/Windows 10 pro and I have a weird behavior. What can cause the problem in the attached? It seems that extracting (winrar) the files into the downloads/desktop folder is causing this. If I extract the file into c:\portables\ folder (for...
  7. why and how to fix this error message when saving to desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why and how to fix this error message when saving to desktop: [img] 130984
  8. Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons: When my Desktop came up upon booting, when I clicked on Icons, I was getting a message stating 'token cannot be accessed', instead of activating the icon. I believe there was an update being installed. After powering off the machine, and back on, everyting seems fine. Any...
  9. Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs: I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Office 2007 installed. When I save a file from any of the Office programs I receive an network error message: "Windows cannot access \\ASUSMAIN\documents2" The error code is 0x80070043. ASUSMAIN is the...
  10. Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon

Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon: I have finished wiping out my PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10. After applying numerous updates, I finally received the Windows 10 tray icon. Once i click on it, I get the following screen. Does anyone know what the issue is? It just sits on this screen with no further...