Windows 10: Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

Discus and support Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Here are my system specs; HP Probook 450 G3 6th Generation Windows 10 AMD Radeon R7 M260 I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mWaqasAbdullah, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

Hello everyone,

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC in my Video Post-Production Job.

I have to have the AMD Radeon R7 M260 GPU enabled for these two applications for faster rendering otherwise the CPU has to do a lot of work and GPU just sits there doing nothing.

The same case goes for PC Games.

Problem:

I have the "Hybrid GPU Switching" enabled via BIOS but still I have to disable Intel HD Graphics for the AMD to be detected.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Fresh GPU Drivers from AMD, but still to no vain. I have also tried the same with Intel HD Graphics Drivers.

Is there a problem with Intel HD Graphics or something?

Please guide, waiting for your kind replies. Thank you!

:)

mWaqasAbdullah, Dec 10, 2016

2. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Windows 10

Hi, i have a problem when installing windows 10. Actually, the installation was success, but i have a problem with my graphics card driver. I have two graphic card on my laptop AMD Radeon HD 6000 and Intel HD 3000. But, the AMD Radeon HD 6000 has been ruined.
    Usually, when i install windows 7 on my laptop, first, i always disable the amd radeon graphic card, then i instal intel hd 3000 driver. But, i can't do this on windows 10. Can somebody help me solving this?

Sorry if my english is bad Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU :) Thank you

Mario Wahyudi, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Screen resolution

Hi Will,

Since you've mentioned that you're currently using the Intel HD Graphics as your display adapter, let's see if the issue you're experiencing will be resolved if you'll change the default to the AMD adapter.

Here's how to disable the Intel HD Graphics to enable AMD as the default driver:

• Right-click the Start icon, then choose Device Manager.
    • Right-click the AMD driver under the Display adapters, then select
      Disable.
    • Enable the AMD driver as the default driver by right-clicking it and selecting
      Enable.

Let us know what happens next.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

For the switchable graphics to work correctly, you may need a custom driver from the manufacturer of the PC. One from HP for that make and model. Installing the two separate drivers may not be the way to go.

alphanumeric, Dec 10, 2016
  5. Sorry, it didn't work! Any more suggestions?

mWaqasAbdullah, Dec 11, 2016
  6. Go to Power Options - Change plan settings - Change Advanced Plan Settings:

Find any GPU related setting, like Switchable Dynamic Graphics, AMD Graphics Power Saving.

Switch it to Maximum Performance, then it should force a better GPU to be enabled by default.

TairikuOkami, Dec 11, 2016
  7. Everything is set to Maximum Performance whether it is OnBattery configuration or PluggedIn configuration. Only gfxv4_0.exe (Intel HD Graphics Panel executable) is set to Power Savings and can't be set to Maximum Perfomance because the drop down menu is locked and a little Lock icon appears beside it.

8. lifetec Win User

Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

What is the exact AMD driverversion at the moment?

lifetec, Dec 11, 2016
  9. Here are the details from Device Manager for Display Adapter > AMD Radeon R7 M340

10. lifetec Win User
    Often laptopmanufacturers are using their own "customized" drivers and the best advice is to use the drivers from the supportpage of your laptopmodel.

On the supportpage under Driver- graphics.
    There are 3 drivers avaliable
    AMD and Intel and AMD Hybrid Graphics.
    I suspect you have to use the hybrid drivers if you want use hybrid function.
    Your current version is the AMD only driver
    The hybrid driver has version 15.201.2601.1003
    supportpage http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=4192

It could be that a windows update driver has overwritten/updated your Original working (hybrid) driver.
    If that keeps happening you must disable the windows update driver.

lifetec, Dec 11, 2016
  11. I had downloaded all 3 drivers. Installed all of them, separating each install with a restart.

Let me uninstall all of em, except Intel HD Graphics and install AMD Hybrid alone.

mWaqasAbdullah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU

1. Always have to disable Intel HD Graphics in order to enable AMD GPU - Similar Threads - Always disable Intel

2. intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel hd graphics: I'm trying to update my intel hd graphics 500 but when i go to intel driver assistant it said that my pc has customized manufacturer..im on 2016 version of intel hd graphics i really wanted to update to the latest version....
  3. intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel hd graphics: I'm trying to update my intel hd graphics 500 but when i go to intel driver assistant it said that my pc has customized manufacturer..im on 2016 version of intel hd graphics i really wanted to update to the latest version....
  4. intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel HD Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel HD Graphics: I changed my Intel HD graphics settings to 75hz but my moniter support only 60hz and then it screen goes black and got D-sub out of range. Now when i start computer it was out of range only...
  6. Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movies & TV seeking is smooth with Intel HD but not with AMD GPU: If I use the mouse to grab the dot to go forward in a movie the image freeze. Currently using Windows 2004, I tried with the default AMD driver and the latest, same result. How can I make it work again? submitted by /u/TheGlaude [link] [comments]...
  7. Intel HD Graphics

Intel HD Graphics: Uninstalled intel HD Graphics it is still there in my lap top. How to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-hd-graphics/7bc27d4c-3622-4385-ba5d-94921a741744
  8. Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can i completly disable Intel HD Graphics?: When i open the task manager at performence i see this GPU 0 who is Intel HD Graphics I prefer to disable it and use my dedicated video card who in this moment is an GTX 660[ATTACH]...
  9. intel hd graphics

intel hd graphics: Hi my intel hd graphics settings wont open I am clicking it but it doesnt open I tried to uninstall my driver and reinstall it but no result and I tried to uninstall intel graphics control panel and reinstalling it but no result again Please fix it my email is ***...
  10. intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem details in the post

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem details in the post: I have intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon HD 8670m problem when i click right click on disktop only amd Graphics propertis that show up but no intel Graphic propertis / when i reinstall intel graphic driver amd Graphic propertis gone and only intel that show up *Huh Dell...