Windows 10: Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails?

Discus and support Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. When taskbar is set to anything other then "always combine", it hides titles on preview thumbnails. So now in order to understand which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vanowm, Mar 11, 2017.

1. vanowm Win User

Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails?

Hello.

When taskbar is set to anything other then "always combine", it hides titles on preview thumbnails. So now in order to understand which thumbnail belong to what window, we have to shift our eyes from thumbnail to taskbar and search for slightly "highlighted" item, and prey that it's large enough to be able see what it says on it.

Is there a way remove this nonsense and always show titles on thumbnails?

Thank you.

:)

vanowm, Mar 11, 2017
  2. KajoTP Win User

The taskbar does not stay in the screenposition asked for in taskbar properties. I want it left but it always goes back to bottom.

Original Title - Taskbar.

The taskbar does not stay in the screenposition asked for in taskbar properties. I want it left but it always goes back to bottom. Taskbar is aasigned to lockt and autohiede.

KajoTP, Mar 11, 2017
  3. The taskbar is always on, although I have checked it to Auto hide in Windows 10

<Original: Title: taskbar does not disappear>

I use Wiindows 10 64 bits; the taskbar is always on, although I have checked it to disappear.

RaymondLépine, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello vanowm, *Smile

If it may help for now until you get a solution, you could use the method in the tutorial below to increase the size of the taskbar thumbnails to be able to see them better to ID.

Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 11, 2017
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Hi vanowm!
    What do you mean with: have to search for highlighted item? Thumbnail is above that item on taskbar (that it belongs to).
    If title is longer then space you have on taskbar, title area appears over thumbnail (see picture below).
    Thumbnails with titles will stil appear when you press ALT and TAB keys together - but on the screen. Holding ALT key and pressing TAB will switch through the open apps.

Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 11, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    I always do Thumbnails maximum and Mouse Hover Time set to Instant to see what's down there immediately.
    Often you can read some things without bringing it to the forefront.

Edwin, Mar 11, 2017
  7. vanowm Win User
    not when taskbar is on the side of the screen.

vanowm, Mar 11, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

Your mouse does have to have focus on the group you'd like to bring into focus.

Edwin, Mar 11, 2017
  9. AndreTen Win User
    I see your point now, and have to admit you're right here. Thumbnails and slots on Taskbar are not aligned, if taskbar is on left or right side, and it's hard to catch which one represents which. Titles could be on permanently for such setup.

I would provide a feedback to MS, describing your problem. While MS decides, if they follow your suggestion, you could select between open windows of same application (explorer in your case) by hovering mouse over thumbnails, instead over taskbar - normal windows will be opened that represents the thumbnail. Like in picture below.
    0 %x​

AndreTen, Mar 11, 2017
  10. vanowm Win User
    That really defeats the purpose of having thumbnails...

vanowm, Mar 12, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    Another route you could take is 'List Only View':

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Always show titles on taskbar thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Always show titles

2. Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor: Hello. all.I just migrated from Windows 10 to 11 on a computer with two monitors. Taskbar shows fine on both screens and all app icons are there.The situation is with the pop-up thumbnails, on the secondary old AOC LM760s monitor, when hovering over the taskbar icons, all...
  3. Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor: Hello. all.I just migrated from Windows 10 to 11 on a computer with two monitors. Taskbar shows fine on both screens and all app icons are there.The situation is with the pop-up thumbnails, on the secondary old AOC LM760s monitor, when hovering over the taskbar icons, all...
  4. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  5. Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not Showing Thumbnail Previews on Taskbar: I'm not sure why, but my taskbar doesn't show the thumbnail previews when there are multiple of the same window open. It shows the thumbnail preview if there's only one, but if there's two it just shows titles, like thisIt used to show them until recently, i think they...
  6. Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing

Taskbar thumbnail hover preview not showing: So today when i hovered over a window with two tabs it is no longer showing me the thumbnail preview. What is going on please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-thumbnail-hover-preview-not-showing/8dde1ed5-e2c1-4304-9de1-b349d2f597a3
  7. Taskbar - Show Title and Text is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar - Show Title and Text is missing: [ATTACH] I was following along this YouTube tutorial on how to make your windows 10 desktop look clean. I've come across this step https://youtu.be/p43a3K8-k5w?t=161 and it turns out that I do not have a "Show title" or a "Show Text". Why is this option missing on my...
  8. Thumbnail preview not showing document title, can this be changed?

Thumbnail preview not showing document title, can this be changed?: In most applications, if you have more than one file open and you hover over the application icon in the taskbar, you will see the name of the file on the top of the thumbnail preview. However, my client is using an application that displays the full name of the application,...
  9. Taskbar titles

Taskbar titles: Hello I turned off badges in taskbar settings but it still keeps showing. https://i.imgur.com/DcpLngx.png It's happening in browser and file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-titles/84ef9623-079a-4464-9eb3-c00c3aee54d2
  10. How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to always show taskbar thumbnail previews?: Normally taskbar thumbnail previews are shown when there's not too many windows open, as seen below: [img] However if there's too many windows, thumbnail previews are no longer shown: [img] Is there a way to always show thumbnail previews, even if I have more than ~15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show titles in taskbar

2. not show title on taskbar

3. show title in taskbar

4. show titles always,
  5. Show titles in the taskbar,
  6. do not show thumbnail titles in taskbar windows10