Windows 10: Am unable to stop automatic maintenence

Discus and support Am unable to stop automatic maintenence in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I can click the button, but nothing is happening. When I restart my computer, it's still running. https://i.imgur.com/2F4Dm4f.png I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Draghin, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Draghin Win User

Am unable to stop automatic maintenence

I can click the button, but nothing is happening.
    When I restart my computer, it's still running.

https://i.imgur.com/2F4Dm4f.png

I have tried going into task scheduler but the folder the tasks are supposed to be in, is empty.

https://i.imgur.com/AxEWB46.png

Is there anything I can do?

:)

Draghin, Apr 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 64bit automatic maintenance has been "In Progress" for weeks. Cannot stop it.

Hi,

My Windows 10 64-bit has been in a state of "Automatic Maintenance" for a very long time. The status of it is always "In Progress". I've clicked on the "Stop Maintenance" but nothing happens. I've checked the Task Scheduler and nothing seems to be running.
    I've gone into the regedit and disabled "Automatic Maintenance" and it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried to stop MSchedExe.exe Stop but this does not work as well.

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks.

Solutions that I've tried but do not work:

Manually Start or Stop Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

How to disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

Windows10optimise, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Rong Jie Win User
    Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Apr 5, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

5. Draghin Win User
    Draghin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Am unable to stop automatic maintenence - Similar Threads - unable stop automatic

2. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  3. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  4. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘: I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all...
  6. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  7. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance: [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says...
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Automatic maintenance and windows.old

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic maintenance and windows.old: I know windows.old can be purged by the user but I am curious about how often disk clean up runs as part of automatic maintenance. After the upgrade to fall creators both our machines were left with sizeable 20 odd gigs of windows.old i left it about ten days and then gave...
  10. Manually Start or Stop Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manually Start or Stop Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10: How to: Manually Start or Stop Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 How to Manually Start or Stop Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mschedexe.exe stop