Windows 10: Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

Discus and support Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I saw threads about cannot remove the Amazon Assistant from your Windows 10 (uninstall - Modify) are greyed out. I had the same problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GhayathAbbas, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

Hi everyone, I saw threads about cannot remove the Amazon Assistant from your Windows 10 (uninstall - Modify) are greyed out. I had the same problem and saw previous thread, some pals recommended to install a 3rd party trial version application to clean the Windows registry (sound risky).

Kep in mind that Amazon Assistant eats your memory - hiding inside HTML application client (check it in your task manager)

The Simple Solution:

1. Click on the Magnifier "search" (besides your Windows Start Menu), and write Amazon.

2. When the search retrieves the Amazon Assistant -> Right click on it -> Change

3. The Uninstall wizard will take the 3 steps, and removed!

Best of Luck

Ghayath

:)

GhayathAbbas, Aug 23, 2018

2. Amazon Assistant won't uninstall!

Hi,

We can see here that you cannot uninstall Amazon Assistant application. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this problem, there may be some programs that are not allowing you to uninstall the said application. Having said that, we will do
    some troubleshooting steps to isolate which causing this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When did you notice about this problem?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this issue?

Desiree Yau, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

Hi,

We would like to clarify a few things first for us to better assist you on your concern and also for us to provide you the proper answer for your questions. Kindly answer these questions:

• Where are you getting the "An error has occurred in the script on this page', the URL on the message is : https://ubp-common-uk-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/require/require.js" error message?
    • How did you attempt to uninstall the Amazon Assistant program? Walk us through the process on how you do it.
    • Can you see the Amazon Assistant program in Programs and Features under Control Panel? You can access Programs and Features by following these steps:
      • Search for Control Panel using the Cortana search bar, and then click the first result.
      • On the Control Panel window, choose Programs and Features.

Argel Obm, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

Amazon assistant ****

After an update on the night of 4/11 - 4/12 I now have a phantom app that wont load and wont go away. The Window from says it is loading "aa.hta" from folder ..../amazon/amazon assistant folder. Many of these windows open up. I close each one but more
    and more open up. Amazon assistant is listed under my apps list under settings but it doesn't let me uninstall it.

RichardCivil, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall

1. Amazon Assistant Won't Uninstall - Similar Threads - Amazon Assistant Won't

2. how do i uninstall amazon assistant?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i uninstall amazon assistant?: its not located in my apps, or programs but keeps popping up on sites like ebay. ty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-amazon-assistant/e7ac8d3f-634d-4a03-9f8e-dde76dc87b6c
  3. How to turn off Amazon Assistant?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off Amazon Assistant?: I've already uninstalled, shut off, restarted, it's gone from Apps but still pops up. What can I do further? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-amazon-assistant/3d30e3c1-93c8-4aa0-a132-60e7508930e9
  4. Lot of questions on uninstalling Amazon Assistant, but can't find any answers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lot of questions on uninstalling Amazon Assistant, but can't find any answers.: Hi, I am going nuts trying to get rid of Amazon Assistant and see a lot of questions on uninstalling Amazon Assistant, but can't find any answers. Also, can't seem to find a "Category" for this question. Please advise. Thanks, Joe...
  5. Cannot uninstall 'freestyle auto-assist'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall 'freestyle auto-assist': I cannot uninstall 'free style auto- assist' app. I am receiving an error RunDLL There was a problem starting c:\program the specified module could not be found the app works well but I cannot uninstall it,,, please some advice for an old man...
  6. Update assistant won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update assistant won't work: I keep getting a popup which says Windows 10 update assistant doesn't work on this version of windows and I can't find where it is coming from and how to stop it. I run Win10 version 2004, build 19037.1 What do I do st correct this. The windows help pages I've checked are...
  7. Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall Amazon 1Button App: Hello: We have a problem getting this Amazon 1Button App off the computer. Settings DOES NOT HAVE AN UNINSTALL AND NEITHER DOES THE CONTROL PANEL. WE ARE TRYING TO UNINSTALL IT. WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO. ITS ON A TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10. HAD TO RESET...
  8. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189
  9. Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall: because of some bugs regarding the Music App I wanted to uninstall it but whenever I try to it says: "Installer payload initialization failed failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt download file."...
  10. Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10: Monday, I had reinstalled Amazon Music on my laptop. Tuesday, the program was working fine This morning, I start up my computer and I try to use it, and Windows tells me that the program does not exist. I go to C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Amazon Music and I find that the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amazon assistant wont uninstall greyed out