Windows 10: Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Discus and support Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 16, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Hi there.

Does anybody know if the Amazon Fire TV usb stick will allow the PLEX media server to stream movies from your computer to the TV. I was thinking of getting one of these to use in a "Non smart" but USB capable TV.

I can have PLEX running on the computer so can the Amazon stick stream from this server or can it only stream from Amazon's server.

It's only about 35 EUR so not a mega investment - but I'd rather not WASTE the money first. If it does work this seems a good way to stream your own movies to a "Non smart" TV / DVD box. I have no problem with the Wifi Internet speed - it recommends 2MB as minimum - I've got way over that.

(Plex works fine on W10 and is FREE / also works good on Linux BTW).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 16, 2015
  2. drl15son Win User

Fire TV Stick connected to PC

I use my computer to watch TV programs on with using an USB TV antenna stick. Can the Amazon Fire TV Stick be use in the same way by connecting it to the motherboard's HDMI, the video card's HDMI or to the monitor's HDMI?

Thank you,

David

drl15son, May 16, 2015
  3. how to mirror windows 10 tablet to amazon fire tv?

I am having the same issue with a Windows 10 laptop.

I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick - and that works without issue, with Windows 10. Mirroring works as expected.

However the Amazon Fire TV (*not the Stick variety) just doesn't work.

My observations:

If the Fire TV is in "Mirroring" mode - Windows 10 can not find the device.

If "Mirroring" mode is off - Windows 10 will find the device and add it to "Other devices" (the Fire TV Stick gets added to "Projectors"), but will not use the device - even if you switch "Mirroring" on, on the Fire TV.

Seems odd that it works with one variant of the Fire TV and not the other.

I've noticed that the Fire TV appears in Device Manager > Software Devices, and has this logged under Events:

Device SWD\DAFUPnPProvider\uuid:86103c24-ce2c-62f6-ffff-ffffb3dcc165 could not be migrated.

FreakyBeanz, May 16, 2015
  4. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

Not personally looked into it, but they are heavily advertising this on tv at the moment and show it with the plex app

paulsalter, May 16, 2015
Thema:

Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server

1. Amazon Fire TV USB stick - PLEX media server - Similar Threads - Amazon Fire USB

2. Amazon Fire TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Amazon Fire TV: Hi everybody, If I mirror from W10 to the TV to see a movie after a short time the video from the TV freezes, I specify that if I do the same mirroring with an iPhone the problem does not exist. I tried to disable the windows firewall and avast antivirus but without success,...
  3. tv fire stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv fire stick: Can I connect my TV fire stick to my desk top? I am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-fire-stick/4b8e888d-298f-4644-acae-04c81386eb95
  4. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: I had to disconnect and then re-connect my Amazon Firestick from my TV. Now, it cannot connect to the network no matter what I do. Has anyone had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-fire-stick/5ec8732e-2b85-4e47-a1f3-17fd1f2bed31
  5. Amazon Fire Stick

Amazon Fire Stick: Why is my amazon fire stick not connecting to my laptop when plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/amazon-fire-stick/71adb501-c3ac-44e1-9638-1654c1fc66d2
  6. Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring old apps / sideloading apps to Amazon fire TV / stick: Hi there. I had a problem recently with an updated version of VLC on Amazon fire TV -- was really bad compared with previous version -- especially if you like / use subtitles as the feature to load the subtitle from an external file when playing your own media has GONE...
  7. Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC

Warning Amazon Fire TV / Fire stick users DO NOT UPDATE VLC: Hi there I know Amazon fire stick / fire TV is popular -- but if you use VLC for playing media from a NAS server / PC on to your remote TV using the Amazon fire stick / TV app DO NOT UPDATE (on the amazon device) to the latest version. Nothing wrong of course with VLC on a...
  8. VLC on Amazon Fire TV box or stick Subtitles stored where ?

VLC on Amazon Fire TV box or stick Subtitles stored where ?: Hi there I like the VLC app on the Amazon Fire TV box or stick -- When playing from your LAN (NAS etc accessed via Browse) there's a facility to Download subtitles - for quite a few ripped movies / TV series it manages to find the subtitles but I haven't a clue where it...
  9. Amazon Fire TV re-visited

Amazon Fire TV re-visited: Hi there I've found the BOX (2nd Gen) absolutely fine Extra features with VLC I only discovered the other day 1) Will attempt to find and download subtitles wherever possible -- gives me a good success rate -- can download in a variety of languages. 2) Will play...
  10. Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Cast to Device/Amazon Fire Stick: Hello, I've been trying several times to get this to work and I cannot. I have the amazon fire TV stick and windows 10 computer. I've tried right clicking a video and choosing cast to device and then amazon stick...I've tried playing the video in movies and TV app and...