Windows 10: Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

Discus and support Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Monday, I had reinstalled Amazon Music on my laptop. Tuesday, the program was working fine This morning, I start up my computer and I try to use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by leftisthominid, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

Monday, I had reinstalled Amazon Music on my laptop.
    Tuesday, the program was working fine

This morning, I start up my computer and I try to use it, and Windows tells me that the program does not exist. I go to C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Amazon Music and I find that the exe file has gone down to 0 kb (so it was effectively deleted).

I am not sure what caused this. I recently (on Monday) ran a Kaspersky full scan and an MBAM threat scan (including a rootkit scan), and there was absolutely no issue.

Anyone know what is going on?

(Also, no one else has access to this laptop, so it cannot be someone else's mistake.)

:)

leftisthominid, Aug 22, 2017

2. Amazon MP3 / cloud player

Does this mean that Microsoft is somehow preventing Amazon from developing an app for Windows Phone that will be able to access the Amazon Cloud music? If so, I'm done with Windows Phone.

Paul Marangoni, Aug 22, 2017
  3. kylnj Win User
    res://aaResources.dll/104

hi there,

I am running win 10 with ie11, somehow the 'Amazon Assistant ' is gray-out, meaning can not be uninstall!

thanks

kylnj, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

Hi leftisthominid.

I would check the logs from both products and see if they took action. I read you comment no problems detected.

Next I would crawl through event viewer. Not sure if you can Filter (search) on the word Amazon.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 22, 2017
  5. One clarification, when I said I recently ran Kaspersky, that was on Monday

I re-ran MBAM 2.2 today, and it found nothing. Microsoft Safety Scanner is currently running.

What programs logs should I look at? (I reinstalled Amazon music after the disappearal, so those logs might have been affected by that).

In Event Viewer, Windows logs > Application and > System had no mentions of Amazon

6. In summary, I ran Kaspersky and MBAM on Monday and they found nothing
    On Tuesday (yesterday), Amazon Music was running fine

Today (Wednesday), I noticed Amazon Music deleted its executive (and some associated files in C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Amazon Music)

I re-ran MBAM 2.2 and nothing was found.
    I just ran MSS and nothing was found.
    I looked in the Windows logs in Event Viewer for Amazon and nothing was found.
    I ran Adw Cleaner, and it basically found nothing, just some junk (see attached log).

I am updating to MBAM 3.0 (and running it) and scanning with Kaspersky now. Assuming nothing finds anything, what can this be chalked up to?

7. Each AV product will produce a log. Some are easier to find then others.

Not sure what to chalk it up too?? Did Amazon update the app and its installation failed, did an AV product get overly zealous, was MS starting a feud with Amazon, I'll be the first to say I don't know. Have a look on internet as to where each product stores it's log.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 22, 2017
  8. Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

Kaspersky's only log entries pertaining to Amazon have to do with reinstalling the program on Monday

My Kaspersky scan and my MBAM scan once again came out clean. I was only using the basic MBAM, so it couldn't have been doing anything in the background to kill Amazon.

I was connecting and disconnecting from my university's VPN a lot Monday and yesterday to access library resources. I don't remember is Amazon was streaming music at the time, but maybe it was trying to update while that happened? Who knows?

Are there any other scans I should do before I chalk this up to a freak incident?

9. Interesting bit of information. I wonder if your University has any abilities or tools to remove programs they feel threaten their security.

It always nice to know but a I would monitor and move on.

Caledon Ken, Aug 23, 2017
  10. I have Amazon Music installed on my desktop at my desk on campus, and they don't care.

I don't think they have any grudge against me listening to music while using the VPN.

I'll keep an eye out if it happens again.

leftisthominid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10

1. Amazon Music somehow uninstalled itself on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Amazon Music somehow

2. Closing the Amazon Unlimited Music App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing the Amazon Unlimited Music App in Windows 10: If I hit the Close button the usual X in the upper RH corner to end my Amazon Music session, it closes the window but keeps playing. There doesn't seem to be a "stop" button just "Pause" and I can't find an Exit button. I always have to do CTRL+Alt+Delete and force it closed...
  3. amazon music helper.exe is it a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    amazon music helper.exe is it a virus?: I seen that amazon music helper.exe could be a virus, does anyome know? I read that it is a file but on my pc it says its an app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/amazon-music-helperexe-is-it-a-virus/1c90363b-417a-424b-ae3d-2e85e63700b1
  4. khz music leval not right on amazon music

in Windows 10 Customization
    khz music leval not right on amazon music: hi, while playing music on my desktop in amazon music the song shows my desktop can play at 48khz but is only playing 44khz, it plays on these settings for all music HD, Ultra HD. how do I alter the desktop settings to play at 48khz....
  5. All of my music de-attached itself from the Album Art somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my music de-attached itself from the Album Art somehow: [ATTACH] So now I have a folder full of music files and full of AlbumArt .jpg files and have no idea how to combine them back.. I have no idea what could cause it....
  6. amazon music app

amazon music app: I am trying to download the above app it seems to be stuck in pending circle going around as if downloading but nothing happening for quite some time any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-music-app/8df92059-a955-4099-92a7-91408be0a727
  7. Amazon Prime Music App

Amazon Prime Music App: Does anyone else have problems with the Amazon Prime Music App? I've had it for years, including on Windows 10.I use it intermittently on my PC, not everyday. I use the Android far more often. Lately, the app has stopped working. Now it just fails to launch at all. I have...
  8. Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bugged Amazon Music won't uninstall: because of some bugs regarding the Music App I wanted to uninstall it but whenever I try to it says: "Installer payload initialization failed failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt download file."...
  9. Amazon Prime Music

Amazon Prime Music: I installed the Amazon Prime App on my laptop, which has Windows 10. Shortly after going online, the app takes over the screen and I have to close it to access whatever I'm trying to access (Bing, email, favorite addresses, whatever). It's a minor inconvenience, granted, but...
  10. Amazon music windows firewall block

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Amazon music windows firewall block: I was installing updates of Amazon Music and I got that windows. Should I allow access or not? It's a desktop at home. [img] 90899

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amazon music uninstalled by itself