Windows 10: AMD Crimson files

Discus and support AMD Crimson files in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Just updated to the new AMD Crimson driver - replacing catalyst. The installation left an AMD folder in my C:\ folder which is on an SSD drive. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Camera, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Camera Win User

AMD Crimson files

Just updated to the new AMD Crimson driver - replacing catalyst. The installation left an AMD folder in my C:\ folder which is on an SSD drive. This appears to be the installation files, but I am no expert. Is it safe to delete it (or at least move it off the SSD drive and onto a data drive)?

Dave

:)

Camera, Nov 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Computer crashes randomly without notice or pattern

Well from reading above, your Rwadon driver is at fault:

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSettings.exe

From the ATI forum, installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix Driver fixes this issue -

Click HERE
    to download that version

DaveM121, Nov 25, 2015
  3. dvd drive not recognized by windows 10

I do not have either of those files under C:\AMD

My file---

Radeon-Crimson-16.4.2-RAIDXpert-UTILITY-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-64Bit

Darlene1595, Nov 25, 2015
  4. seek Win User

AMD Crimson files

Hey, I have a HD 7670M. Is it worth upgrading to the AMD Crimson?

5. Camera Win User
    Sorry - I can't answer that one - under compatibility it states "AMD Radeon™ HD 7700+ Series" so not sure if it would work.

Dave

Camera, Nov 26, 2015
  6. seek Win User
    I know it works with my card. Is it helping you?

7. Camera Win User
    TBH I rarely used the front end on Catalyst. I do keep drivers up to date, hence the move to this one.

Dave

Camera, Nov 26, 2015
  8. seek Win User

AMD Crimson files

Alright thanks, Camera. Think I may try it out for myself sometime this weekend.

9. Rose W Win User
    I have had only one folder remaining after any install so I wondered about the fact that two were in place. This link below has a post describing the purpose and removing. At this time I moved them to another storage drive versus just deleting.
    It appears that this install could be directed to some other drive than in C:\

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2699027/128gb-ssd-boot-drive-full-system-restore-disabled.html

Rose W, Nov 29, 2015
  10. stormy13 Win User
    To answer the original question, yes it is safe to delete as once you have installed the driver it just sits there taking up space. That and if you don't delete it the next time you update you will still have the AMD folder, but now it will have the install files for both the old and new in it (and they can add up in a hurry)

As far as moving it to another drive, better to save the downloaded install file (on another drive)as it is compressed and takes up less space. The compressed download for Crimson is around 230 MB, where the uncompressed install files is 560 MB.

stormy13, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AMD Crimson files

1. AMD Crimson files - Similar Threads - AMD Crimson files

2. AMD GPU Overclocking Guide, Crimson Drivers, and Discussion Thread

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Overclocking Guide, Crimson Drivers, and Discussion Thread: [ATTACH] AMD Graphics Cards Discussion Thread - Useful Downloads - Crimson Drivers Guide - Overclocking Guide - General Discussion of AMD GPU's Useful Downloads and Links Latest AMD Drivers - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download Select... Read more
  3. How to use Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson: How to properly use the new feature called Enhanced sync of AMD Crimson - do I turn it on in AMD Crimson software (I know how to do that part) and turn vsync off in games ? I mean, if it is turned on does every game's vsync needs to be turned off. I use Vsync in all games....
  4. ATI Tool Tray working with Radeon Crimson for anyone?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ATI Tool Tray working with Radeon Crimson for anyone?: -Don't need help, just curious if anybody besides me gets a BSOD when attempting to run ATI Tool Tray(latest version), which previously worked in Windows 10 for me under CCC, but not when running the newer Radeon Crimson v. 15.12-win10-64bit. 43023
  5. Just downloaded the AMD crimson drivers and...

Just downloaded the AMD crimson drivers and...: It doesn't give me the option to install the crimson interface. Any help would be great! And btw they are the "radeon-crimson-15.12-win10-64bit.exe" drivers. [img] 34654
  6. Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?: I just updated to Windows 10 which has installed Radeon Crimson driver v15.11. However, the Radeon Settings Utility finds WHQL driver 16.3.2. There is also the non-WHQL Crimson v6.6.1 Hotfix driver on AMD's web site which I had problems with in Windows 8.1. Have people...
  7. AMD Radeon Crimson Edition - Can we Uninstall it?

AMD Radeon Crimson Edition - Can we Uninstall it?: Hi all I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum (?Drivers & Hardware or Graphics cards or ... ?). If I'm not, could a kind mod please move me? My wife recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 300-15ISK. Runs Win. 10 Home, version 1511. Yesterday (14 July 2016) after being...
  8. New Amd driver (Crimson), a feature is missing with Win screen config.

New Amd driver (Crimson), a feature is missing with Win screen config.: There is a feature missing with screen configuration under Windows 10 and new Amd drivers Crimson, even the last WHQL ones (15.12). The Amd setting do not have the screen configuration, no more. The driver choose ( I guess) the screen number 1 by its connection type Hdmi...
  9. Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10

Amd Crimson Driver doesnt work on Windows 10: Status: Unresolved Computer Type: Desktop PC GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-x 3gb GDDR5 (factory OC, using single GPU) CPU: Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155 RAM: Kingston Predator 8GB PSU: Corsair TX650M 650w 80Plus Bronze OS: Windows 10...
  10. Problem with Crimson and radeon HD5970 on win 10 64 bits

Problem with Crimson and radeon HD5970 on win 10 64 bits: Hello, I had a Radeon HD 5970 working no problem win 10 64 bits (latest crimson driver) until a recent windows update. Now I get the error 43 and the drivers are not working - impossible to re-install. Is there a work around and is there anybody who experience similar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon crimson 16.3.2 ccc pl64 64bit.exe