Windows 10: AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst!

Discus and support AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Without AMD's Catalyst Utility I was unable to adjust the scale so that my 1920x1080 display would use all of the real estate. There was a one inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mfaklis, Aug 21, 2015.

1. mfaklis Win User

AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst!

Without AMD's Catalyst Utility I was unable to adjust the scale so that my 1920x1080 display would use all of the real estate. There was a one inch black border around the screen image. The 5 year-old post (below) provided the solution to adjust the scale without Catalyst by editing the register. It worked!

My thanks to Fangrim for solving this problem in 2010.

How I fixed overscan/underscan issues on an ATI card without Catalyst Control Center - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

:)

mfaklis, Aug 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 - repeated bugcheck and reboot

Yes, there are 4 subfolders

AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-SB-SATA-AHCI-Win10-Win8.1-Win7

AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit

AMD-Catalyst-15.8Beta-64Bit-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Aug23

WU-CCC2

FredGuyton, Aug 21, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    My DirectX 11 Graphic card was downgraded to DirectX 10

Does this help.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Win10-Driver-Support.aspx
    It seems to state on the support page that AMD support your graphics in Windows 10.

As far as what level of DirectX you get in Windows 10 that is determined by the drivers supplied by AMD. (if your hardware supports it) Perhaps you should question them if their Catalyst driver doesn't give DirectX 11.

neilpzz, Aug 21, 2015
  4. AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst!

Glad I found this mini-thread. Thank-you for sharing what you learned, MFaklis. After the latest Windows10 update, I can't even get my Catalyst Control Center to open. The hour-glass spins and blinks on-off for about 7 seconds and then, nothing happens.

If I can't get CCC to open using various backward compatibility modes, I'll try the solution you posted. My monitor suddenly has a 1-inch section of emptiness on all four borders too. Some aspect of Win10 suddenly doesn't like my 2009 AMD 4350HD video card, it seems.

AllenChicago, Oct 30, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    There is a Windows 8 driver for your card. You can try installing that. Right-click and Run as Administrator to make sure it will not fail because of access rights. If normal installation doesn't work, try setting compatibility to Windows 8, but probably you won't have to.

spapakons, Oct 30, 2015
  6. Thank-you for sharing this information! After the big November update, my Windows 10 reverted back to an UnderScan mode. (AMD 4350HD Card / 1920x1080 Display). If you go to the original thread at AMD Radeon HD 4000 Series Overscan / Underscan ... | Community and see the 9/18/15 post from member "Phos", his solution used the same method, but was even simpler to implement. Since my Catalyst Control Center wouldn't start up here on Windows 10, I'm going now to totally remove it. Thanks to what you found and shared here, Catalyst is not needed..and good riddance to that resource hog. Thanx again, MFaklis!
    -Allen

AllenChicago, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst!

1. AMD doesn't support the HD4650 in Win10. No Catalyst! - Similar Threads - AMD doesn't support

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Broken HRD support on AMD Catalyst drivers since version 21.4.1

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Broken HRD support on AMD Catalyst drivers since version 21.4.1: Hello all! As title suggest, I am having an issue with HDR output on my TV since 21-4-1 version came out. Bsa In short words, windows HD colour cant be turned on. Thing is, previous driver version 21.3.2, 21.3.1, etc.. are working just fine. Also, as soon i try to enable 10...
  6. AMD Catalyst Software Suite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite: I am being Requested to update this product, is it part of windows 10 ? Is it a driver that Windows 10 already has in it, or something that needs to be added for computer to work. I looked through replies but see no answers!...
  7. AMD Catalyst Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Catalyst Manager: WHERE does this come from? I did NOT install; did it come from Micro Soft when I changed over to Microsoft 10? My personal settings require Micro soft to have auto updates (which it does) Seems like there's nothing but problems ever since this appeared...
  8. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  9. amd catalyst and win update

amd catalyst and win update: hello I am having a problem updating my graphic card .the catalyst manager keeps telling me I have an update so I install the update reboot .but it goes back to the old driver and the manager keeps telling me I have a update . Is there a thread in here for a fix? somethings...
  10. AMD Catalyst and Windows Store

AMD Catalyst and Windows Store: Hmmm. It seems when I have AMD Dual-Graphics turned on, the Windows Store and other various parts of the operating system doesn't work. The store will just sit there for a few minutes with the swirling dots on the app properties screen and then crash. Likewise, when...