Windows 10: AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

Discus and support AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello fellow TenForums users. Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

Hello fellow TenForums users.

Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan performance on nVidia either, so... just because I like to test out graphic cards, I am wondering which card is the roughly equivalent to my GTX 970? It doesn't have to be the greatest and or most expensive. I think I could afford spending 300-400 max.

What do you guys suggest?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016

2. windows 10 freezes the moment i print screen

custom build 990 fx amd motherboard with nvidia 970 gtx and 32bg ram

NeetPrints, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Full-Screen Applications causes ShellExperienceHost.exe to crash like crazy

I use a Nvidia GTX 970 so I downloaded the latest driver and installed it. But the problem persists.

Corndog2000, Oct 1, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Thanks Dude. Isn't that the card that had trouble getting too much juice from the pci-e bus? If so I will make sure to get one with an 8-pin power connector.

What about VEGA (or whatever is called)? I think it isn't out yet, right?

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
    I believe the 480 issue was resolved. Last I saw, vega will release 1st qtr 2017

Dude, Oct 1, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    OK. I got one RX 480. I will post back when it arrives.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Dude Win User
    Nice, hope you like it

Dude, Oct 2, 2016
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

Hello.

The card arrived today. So far, so good. It's a very nice little card.

PROs:
    - Less expensive than my current GTX 970
    - Real 4GB card (unlike 3,5GB)
    - Shorter PCB design. It weights less and leaves more breathing room in my case.
    - It uses just one 8-pin PCI-E power connector. GTX 970 was using 8-pin + 6 pin
    - I have tested several games I usually play and they all seem to run in a more smoother way.
    - Nice API support: D3D, OGL, Mantle, Vulkan
    - Driver installed without issues and it's more bloat-free than nVidia's.

CONs:
    - No Phys-X hardware support (but who cares anyway).
    - No CUDA support (I think this is nVidia's propietary. Never used it).
    - Card runs around 10º C hotter than nVidia one, even when idle.
    - TDP is also a little higher.

Other than that, I think the PROs outweight the CONs. Nice card at a good affordable price. I don't play at 1080p, so this card is enough for me.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 3, 2016
  9. Dude Win User
    Nice, glad it's working for you. Feel free to post some benchmarks in the OC thread *Cool

Dude, Oct 4, 2016
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Well, to be honest, everything is running fine except for Grim Dawn that is running slightly worse. It's pretty bad optimized though.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 4, 2016
  11. There's actually nothing wrong with the RX 480. Don't you know the GTX 750 Ti is doing the same thing?

RoasterMen, Oct 5, 2016
  12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Yes, I am pretty aware Grim Dawn engine is pretty outdated and badly optimized.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970 - Similar Threads - AMD equivalent nVidia

2. AMD video card that is equivalent to a 4GB Geforce GTX 1080 ti?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD video card that is equivalent to a 4GB Geforce GTX 1080 ti?: Title says it all. I was thinking about a Radeon RX 570, is it better or worse? I need something equivalent or a little bit better. Any ideas?
  3. nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?

nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 to AMD RX 5700 XT - Worth it?: Good day. Do you think it's worth to swap a GTX 1070 for a Radeon RX 5700 (with or without XT)? I am not interested in Ray Tracing. Or it would be better to purchase some RTX Super model? 137942
  4. What is the equivalent AMD version of a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the equivalent AMD version of a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti?: I know exactly what gaming laptop I want, and the graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. However, I think it will be sold out woon. What is the equivalent AMD graphics card of a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti? Also, the specs I want for my gaming laptop would be these: Intel Core...
  5. My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%

My GTX 970 fans are stuck at 100%: No idea what's caused this, turned my machine on one day and noticed the fans were louder than usual. They spin up as soon as I get to the login screen for windows. I've been using MSI Afterburner to control the fan speed for months with no issues but now setting the slider...
  6. GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GTX 970 hardware or drivers causing BSOD?: Hello - here is my situation: Approx 1 week ago I upgraded from a GTX 770 (had absolutely NO issues, infact I cant remember the last time I saw a BSOD with this PC) Upgraded to a R9 390X card, and sold my 770. Within a day, I started to get random reboots, crashes,...
  7. Nvidia GTX 295

Nvidia GTX 295: Hi Gang, I hope everyone is enjoying the new OS ... I'm getting ready to upgrade my Primary system, which is a EVGA classified X58 board with a core i7, 6Gb RAM and a GTX 295 card. I noted looking thru that the card is legacy now, no new drivers mentioned for 10, nor...
  8. GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens Nvidia will pay graphics card

GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens Nvidia will pay graphics card: GeForce GTX 970 settlement website opens, Nvidia will pay graphics card owners $30 Nvidia’s paying the price for the GeForce GTX 970’s memory controversy—literally. The GTX 970 refund website is now live after Nvidia agreed to pay GTX 970 owners $30 each to settle a...
  9. Asus strix 970 gtx fan?

Asus strix 970 gtx fan?: Hi again. When I got my Asus strix 970 gtx on desktop the fan wouldn't spin but as soon as I started a game it would. At this point I didn't even have GPU tweak installed and would sound like it would go to 100% as soon as I opened up a game. After some time this stopped...
  10. Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 crashing computer. What could the issue be?: Hello guys. I've recently bought a new computer. It came with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 video card. I haven't had any issues with it at all, up until the point that I launched some games on Steam. It seems as though the video card has trouble running higher end games, such...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD equivalent

2. what is nvidia gtx 970 equvilent to?