Windows 10: AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10

Discus and support AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Where do I set the shared system memory for AMD FM1 built-in graphic card on Windows 10? As I know, the main board have a dedicated memory for 1GB and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kongming, Jan 30, 2017.

1. kongming Win User

AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10

Where do I set the shared system memory for AMD FM1 built-in graphic card on Windows 10?
    As I know, the main board have a dedicated memory for 1GB and shared system memory for 4GB.
    My PC have 8GB RAM. I think it is more than enough the shared system memory. I want to set it to 2GB shared memory + 1GB dedicated RAM. In the BIOS settings, I set it to maximum shared memory.
    My monitor is 1080p x 1920 resolution via HDMI cable.
    I am not a gamer, never play any games. Only YouTube for HD, sometimes FHD.

Thank you

:)

kongming, Jan 30, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

video driver

Your graphics Chip is an AMD R4 Graphics Chip, for further information on that Chip, try the AMD Website

I think the 3GB memory you were seeing was shared (System) memory!

3GB would be a really unusual amount of dedicated graphics memory. Most cards work in multiples of 2 - 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB . . . etc.

In fact after some searching, the specs for the R4, state that it has only shared memory and no dedicated memory, maybe I am wrong . . .

I hope this Helps,

DaveM121, Jan 30, 2017
  3. internal graphics and graphics card

hello,

I wanted to use both my onboard graphics and my graphics card. when i enable graphics card in the bios , then onboard graphics are disabled.i have one monitor and i wanted to use both graphics on it. i have amd graphics card and intel onboard graphics.my
    graphics card is giving 2 gb of graphics memory and i have 8 gb of ram , that means i could get 1 gb from the ram , i.e. vram.that means i could get 3 gb of dedicated graphics graphics memory.although i am getting

Total Graphics Memory=5888 mb

Dedicated Video Memory=2048 mb (graphics card)

system video memory =0 mb

shared system memory=3840 mb

What is shared system memory,can i use it as DVM and why is system video memory 0 mb

Bios/system manufacturer lenovo and ram manufacturer-Crucial

Please help! Great help would be highly appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SamyakJain222, Jan 30, 2017
  4. AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10

You can usually set it in the BIOS but the dedicated GPU in the CPU has it's own memory so memory allocation is automatically set according to the programs you use.

You're right that the memory is more than enough for your needs.

RoasterMen, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Not familiar with the system but this would normally be set it the BIOS and not in Windows - normally tapping Del before windows starts will open the bios but check your system documentation or watch the screen when booting for messages,

If you do not do any gaming you would possibly be better setting the memory to 1GB shared ( or less) to give 2GB total and save the rest of the memory for running programs

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10

1. AMD FM1 built-in graphic card shared memory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AMD FM1 built

2. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  3. how to change a amd graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change a amd graphics card: so there is 2 graphics card in my laptop one is AMD Radeon TM and the other is Radeon RX 5500Mso my problem is i cant find the thing called the gpu workload option in the amd graphics software adrenaline editionso someone pls help me wiht this missin GPU workload option...
  4. AMD Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics Card: Hello, I have an issue with my windows 10 laptop. It has an AMD Radeon 520 - 2GB Graphics Card. Yet on device manager it says I have AMD Radeon R5 M435. I'm assuming this is a 4GB card hence when I play GTAV it says I have a 4GB and gameplay gets really choppy.When I...
  5. AMD Graphics card problem

AMD Graphics card problem: Hi,I am having a problem with my AMD graphics card. Everything was fine, till about a month and half ago. My pc just got stuck, so I restarted the pc and I had these horizontal lines across my screen, then this old loading screen that looked like windows vista, then I got a...
  6. AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card

AMD radeon vega 10 graphics card: brand new ASUS ViviBook graphics error AMD Radeon VEGA 10 Is this an error I should be concerned about? How do I fix it? Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15D8&SUBSYS_18211043&REV_C1\4&18c8f581&0&0041 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem109.inf Class Guid:...
  7. AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A graphics card is computer hardware that is responsible for displaying the image you see on your computer screen. It is a great way of […] This article AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. amd graphic card is not used but installed

amd graphic card is not used but installed: [ATTACH] there is written windows did noot start drive because it can cause computer unstabe how to fix this the gpu only work in 3D paint app not in photoshop or any other apps PLS HELP...
  9. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  10. Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable system shared memory for DEDICATED graphics card: I have searched for a while and I always see the same answers... Either "it doesnt matter, it will use it when it needs it" or "its in the bios". The 2nd one is only right for INTEGRATED graphics cards, but Im talking about a GTX 960. I had 8 GB of RAM and a demanding game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd fm1 processor integrated graphic card