Windows 10: AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe

Discus and support AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, A while ago I tried to convert my good old laptop HP Pavilion DV 6 – 3137ed to W10 x64Build 1607. I was aware of the fact that this might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dbo, May 7, 2017.

1. DBO
    dbo Win User

AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe

Hello,
    A while ago I tried to convert my good old laptop HP Pavilion DV 6 – 3137ed to W10 x64Build 1607.
    I was aware of the fact that this might give some problems with the GPU running on AMDRadeon Mobility HD 4200 / HD 5000. However I found some “solutions” on the AMDforum by installing legacy drivers and forcing these to run in the W8 compatibility mode. This seemed to work, although I noticed something strange happening to the power consumption going up to about 4.000 mA and “idle” GPUtemperatures of about 70 degrees C. It seemed to me as if the GPU was quite busy with itself.
    Afterhaving used the laptop in this condition for a while, I started to get problems with the GPU again, now and then turning the complete screen into white. As no related cause could be found, I decided to remove the legacy drivers and AMD Catalyst Control Centre (CCC) and return to the standard (“basic”) W10 drivers (8.970.100.9001 and 15.201.1151.1008). This worked fine and resolved the whitescreen issue at once and reduced the GPU temperatures with some 20 degrees!, however something else popped up, being the kbdsync.exe issue.
    Even after removal of the complete CCC and the kbdsync.exe file the laptop is acting weird. Booting when connected to external power is not possible as the screen turns black. Removing the external power makes the laptop working ok and after that it can be even connected to the external power. Booting on battery power gives no problem at all. I think there is still an issue with remainders of the CCC or something the like, however I cannot find what is triggering it. Does anyone have an idea where to look for?

Regards
    Dave

:)

2. legsUX Win User

Upgraded from Win 7 to 10 now everything is stretched wide..

On the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

I have driver 15.2000.1062.1004 Installed 3/08/2015

On ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series it says the same driver as above But also says No Driver installed

legsUX, May 7, 2017
  3. JackCamp Win User
    AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

I also have an HP Pavilion dv6 with AMD graphics card.

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

I keep getting the message "AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series" device is not working properly. I have tried uninstalling driver and reinstalling it but still get same error. I tried also downloading the latest driver from
    the manufactuers site "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit" and installed it but still get same error. This latest driver was just recently posted so not sure if there is another update coming soon.

JackCamp, May 7, 2017
  4. AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  5. DBO
    dbo Win User
    Hi Ken,

It took mea while to try your suggestion, as the laptop was travelling together with mydaughter. I succeeded to remove the old AMD drivers and the error. Directlyafter removing the AMD drivers, etc. I noticed W10 had installed the MS BasicDisplay Drivers 10.0.14393.0 (dated 21 June 2006!). Shortly after that W10replaced these drivers automatically by updating them to the AMD Drivers8.970.100.901 for the HD 4200 end leaving the Basic Display Driver for the HD5000. A while later W10 decided this was not a good solution and replaced boththe drivers by 15.201.1151.1008. This worked, however reintroduced the highpower consumption and high GPU temperatures.

After manually replacing the HD 4200 driver with 8.870.100.9001 the temperature problem was solved againand no error messages were shown. However a weird issue popped up again, beingthe laptop no willing to start the graphic display properly on external power.Just removing the power connector for a short while restores the graphicdisplay again and after that external power will work fine.

So although everything relating to AMD CCC is removed I obviously need the AMD drivers to get the GPU working in a proper way, leaving me with the weird start-up issue.

Greetings,
    Dave

Thema:

AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe

1. AMD Mobility HD 4200 / 5000 Issues with kdbsync.exe - Similar Threads - AMD Mobility 4200

2. New AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors for Business laptops

in Windows 10 News
    New AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors for Business laptops: [img] Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the AMD Ryzen™ PRO 5000 Series Mobile Processors, bringing the uncompromising performance and efficiency of the “Zen 3” core architecture to premium business laptops. Paired with AMD PRO technologies...
  3. How to fix AMD Radeon Mobility 5000 Error in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix AMD Radeon Mobility 5000 Error in Win 10?: Hi, Ihave an old laptop that runs on AMD Mobility 5000 graphics and every time i use the driver for this .. it gives an error (blue screen) to Win 10 but if driver is uninstalled everything works just fine. I have been researching online however I have not seen an exact...
  4. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 driver v Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 driver v Windows 10: How does the inability to update the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 driver affect the performance of Windows 10 PCs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-4200-driver-v-windows-10/3b55a652-4ffa-4ad7-b4fa-72f76e4b01cd
  5. ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem

ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem: As this Problem was locked, I would like to add a possible solution that worked for me(x64 w10 pro) . I just disabled the signed driver enforcement. IT FIXED MY PROBLEM! Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not...
  6. AMD Radeon HD 5000 series update - Jan 31 2015

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AMD Radeon HD 5000 series update - Jan 31 2015: It's good to know that the guys from Advanced Micro Devices are working diligently to keep the video card of my choice to up to date. That's why a multi-monitor setup on Windows 10 is a breeze for me. I know this belongs to a bottom-of-the-line card, but I am just happy it's...
  7. A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200?: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and the upgrade removed the Catalyst Control Center. Now, the only way I have to control my brightness and contrast is through the monitor settings, and none of the settings I've ever tried on my monitor have looked right. Only...
  8. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...
  9. How to Install AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 drivers on W7 to Upgrade?

How to Install AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 drivers on W7 to Upgrade?: So, I don't have W10 yet and I can't upgrade to it because I just diagnosed the problem. Unfortunately there is no OFFICIAL compatibility for the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series (which sucks). However, there are workarounds which I found esp here ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver...
  10. Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200

Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200: Just as the title says, I'm able to install the drivers but not CCC which I kinda need. I use overscaling for my tv that it's plugged into via hdmi.I've tried using DDU for fresh install with the 2 most recent drivers for it in compatibility mode for Windows 7&8 and with...